Help From Experienced Lifters

Hello, I’m a beginner, but not a complete one. I used to do the big three and even tried some other strength programs. However, I wasn’t committed and even though I had some gains, I started to lose my excitement when I started getting fat and stalling. I started with a bodybuilding routine later, lost some fat and made a little bit of gains and I’m eating much better now.

Well, the fact is that I want to get strong too and I think 5/3/1 is a nice program for me and I believe I will be able to be much more committed to this program than I was to the other ones. I just don’t know which routine I should pick, Boring But Big or the Beginner one. Here are my current stats:
I am 26 years old and I am around 90kg

Bench: 1 x 80kg (176 lbs)
Squat: 1 x 90kg (198 lbs)
Deadlift: 1 x 105kg (231 lbs)

Glad for the help

I think either will work fine, whichever you feel most passionately about.

With your history, I would go with which ever one you will dedicate yourself to and stick with. As a beginner, any program will get you some “gains” over doing nothing at all. The important thing is to actually keep with it and not keep changing your mind with what you want to do every few weeks.

If you want overall strength, you need to increase muscle size. This needs volume and cumulative fatigue.

If you want to improve the main lifts, you need to work with near maximal weights and also improve technique while working with weights light enough to feel the muscles firing.

Do BBB.

Either one will work well as long as you commit to it.