T Nation

Help for Receding Hair Line?

Can anyone help me out with some supplements for a receding hair line? I have heard a little about DHT blockers and folic acid. Anyone have any experience with these?

Finasteride (propecia/proscar) is relatively cheap if you get it from the right places and one of the most effective options out there.

Search out petedacook

I’m gonna try BCAAs.

Save your money and shave your head!

PRO-F’ING’PECIA!!!

propecia.com

GET SOME!

shave it

is propecia the one that makes you sterile if you use it too long or the one that you grease your hair with, don’t wash it, and sleep with it on there the whole night?

I’ve never found anything worth a shit except for that thing where they transplant hair from your ass onto your head.

[quote]FlavaDave wrote:
is propecia the one that makes you sterile if you use it too long or the one that you grease your hair with, don’t wash it, and sleep with it on there the whole night?

I’ve never found anything worth a shit except for that thing where they transplant hair from your ass onto your head.[/quote]

Very intelligent post!

To clarify:
Propecia has NO EFFECT on sperm count…
and
Rogaine goes on the scalp…not in your hair…

Any other brilliant comments FlavaDave?
Your wit and intellect are unsurpassed on these boards!

Thank you for the kudos TheZ-Man!

To clarify:
I was incorrect in using the term sterile, what I meant to say is that everything I’ve seen says you can only use it for so long before you experience irreversible erectile dysfunction…
and
Hair grows out of your scalp meaning that, if you have thinning hair you will be applying it to the same region as the one where your hair grows and thus getting it all over your pillow and likely your face…

I congratulate your use of a stock internet message board put down. Did you think of it yourself?

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Save your money and shave your head![/quote]

Allow me to add to Nate Dogg’s wise words. It may not be necessary to shave it with a razor. Doing so would look bad ass, but frankly, it takes a lot of time in the morning. Instead, I have found going without the guard on a good set of clippers is much easier and still looks pretty damn good.

Grow a goatee, buzzcut your head, and move on. Since I’ve been doing this (off and on for the last two years) I’ve noticed that people act much more friendly to me, especially young women. Definitely brings the bad-boy side of you out.

Another advantage? I can’t see any hairs that fall out of my head and therefore do not freak out about continued hairloss.

(BTW, Nate, you and I are not only roughly the same size (I’m 5’5" and 150) and sport the same hair style, but we have uncanny facial similarities. Looking at your pictures is like looking in the mirror. )