Help for Beginner

[quote]doublelung84 wrote:

[quote]Apoklyps wrote:

[quote]Massthetics wrote:

As you know, you need to peel off some fat. The easiest way to cut back on your fats is to look at what you are eating. Add some chicken breast to your meal.
[/quote]
couldnt be more wrong here mate, best way to lose body fat and preserve muscle is to follow a high fat cutting diet. Just because you are eating fats doesn’t mean you are going to store fat, LMFAO.[/quote]

Ok, I normally handle differences of opinions in a intelligent diplomatic manner but JUGGS just did that for me. And that will help the OP with his understand of weight loss.

Now for you my 15 year old Aussie. You don’t know jack shit about dieting. You eat what the hell your Momma puts on the plate in front of you. How the hell can you tell anyone how to builds muscle at 15 years old when you haven’t done it yourself?

And drop the LMFAO there Mr. hashtag; when you get a real squat and have an ass to laugh off, let me know.

Here’s my advice to you; sit down, shut your mouth and learn something.
[/quote]

Lulz! Haven’t seen the claws come out before. I think you could definitely give Reed a run for his money, though.[/quote]

Now that’s worth a LMAO! Like REED? Hum, I guess I should have toned it back some. It’s a bit out of my nature but he had it coming.
[/quote]

Haha true enough. If we start letting the blind lead the blind, we’re two steps away from becoming BB.com: we just need to start blindly worshipping YT fitness gurus and have a Misc for all the socially awkward people who don’t even lift (but somehow know all of the “best” ways to do everything).

Admittedly, the Misc can be funny as hell at times. But there’s a reason why I post here and not there.

Guys please, stop fighting in this topic. Thank you a lot for helping me.

[quote]Jokul wrote:
Guys, I did not know that 5/3/1 is a program for 4 days - I did not pay attention to it. I train at the gym only 3 times a week. I found the 3 day version written by Jim, it looks like this:

Monday
Squat - 3 sets of 5-10 reps (using deload precentage)
Deadlift - 5/3/1 sets and reps
DB Bench - 3 sets of 8-20 reps

Wednesday
Squat -3 sets of 5-10 reps (using deload precentage)
Bench press - 5/3/1 sets and reps
DB Row - 3 sets or do Kroc Rows

Friday
Squat - 5/3/1 sets and reps
Press - 5/3/1 sets and reps (or do another pressing assistance exercise in its place)
Chins or T-Bar Rows â?? 3-5 sets of whatever reps you want, usually 5-30 reps.

What about this?
[/quote]

Go with Jim’s “Beyond” program found on this website… start at 1.1. It is more complete than this, involving mobility, dynamic and conditioning work as well as strength.

Everyone should thank you for taking the time to compile that information, well done. BRAVO!
[/quote]

Thanks brother. I’m somewhat of a closet nutrition nerd, so I’m glad to share any info I have come across when the opportunity arises.

[quote]tsantos wrote:

[quote]Jokul wrote:
Guys, I did not know that 5/3/1 is a program for 4 days - I did not pay attention to it. I train at the gym only 3 times a week. I found the 3 day version written by Jim, it looks like this:

Monday
Squat - 3 sets of 5-10 reps (using deload precentage)
Deadlift - 5/3/1 sets and reps
DB Bench - 3 sets of 8-20 reps

Wednesday
Squat -3 sets of 5-10 reps (using deload precentage)
Bench press - 5/3/1 sets and reps
DB Row - 3 sets or do Kroc Rows

Friday
Squat - 5/3/1 sets and reps
Press - 5/3/1 sets and reps (or do another pressing assistance exercise in its place)
Chins or T-Bar Rows �¢?? 3-5 sets of whatever reps you want, usually 5-30 reps.

What about this?
[/quote]

Go with Jim’s “Beyond” program found on this website… start at 1.1. It is more complete than this, involving mobility, dynamic and conditioning work as well as strength.[/quote]

I know 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 are listed on the Workouts page here. Is 1.4 available anywhere, or do I need to pony up for the book?