148 Lbs average

Lean body weight: 129
Body fat: 18
% Body fat: 11
Source:http://www.flexyourmuscles.com/calc_fat.php

Height:6.0

I am moderatley chubby.

My goal is:
to be fast enough to get a wide reciever position by August.
to gain 10lbs of muscle
to Get fit and strong to survive a hit.
I was a tightend last year. My main goal is to be faster and Lose weight basically. Getting Physically fit and strong.

I am slow and my stats are horrible

These are the core things i have been working out basically

Bench: 100 1 rep shit i know
Squat:125 1 rep i think
Power clean: 85 3x5
Deadlift:125 3x8
Snatch:75 3x5
standing military: 75 3x5
row: 80 3x5

I am currentley doing Rippetoes program.
I need an excellent plyometrics program and a good agility and speed program. please help.

You say you want to gain 10 pounds, and a sentence later you say you want to lose weight.

Which is it?

Right now just focus on getting to the gym and eating 5-6 solid meals a day.

There isn’t any one super sprint or plyometric program out there that will guarantee you amazing results.

Take a look at Joe DeFrancos website and read all the articles there.

Start WS4SB, and write out your progress.

What level of football are you playing, junior high or senior high?

Make sure you make it to all the practices and bust your ass on the field. If you make the team the coaches wont play you unless they know you can do some work and score or defend.

[quote]paki123 wrote:
Weight:
148 Lbs average

Lean body weight: 129
Body fat: 18
% Body fat: 11
Source:http://www.flexyourmuscles.com/calc_fat.php

Height:6.0

I am moderatley chubby.

My goal is:
to be fast enough to get a wide reciever position by August.
to gain 10lbs of muscle
to Get fit and strong to survive a hit.
I was a tightend last year. My main goal is to be faster and Lose weight basically. Getting Physically fit and strong.

I am slow and my stats are horrible

These are the core things i have been working out basically

Bench: 100 1 rep shit i know
Squat:125 1 rep i think
Power clean: 85 3x5
Deadlift:125 3x8
Snatch:75 3x5
standing military: 75 3x5
row: 80 3x5

I am currentley doing Rippetoes program.
I need an excellent plyometrics program and a good agility and speed program. please help.
[/quote]

First off, don’t feel bad about your #s. We all had to start somewhere. You are way far ahead of most people because you actually want to learn.

Let me get this straight: You are 6’0" and 148 pounds and you think that you are “moderately chubby”? By your numbers, I don’t think that you need to worry about anything besides gaining strength.

You will get faster by lifting alone. I was in your position and i went from running a 5.6 40yd(very slow) to a 5.0(decent speed) in less than 1 year just by lifting and running stairs in my football PE. IMO plyometrics won’t do anything besides beat up your joints until you have a solid base of strength.

Go read EVERYTHING here in vrooms thread:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=640350

Remember nutrition is just as important as the program. You could look into TBT by Waterbury. It worked well for me and it seems to be a great program for athletes.

IF you are following Rippetoe’s starting strength, you are doing what you need to do in the weight room. follow it for a month and you’ll be amazed at what you can do in a month.

get someone to throw a football at you EVERYDAY. Do the clock drill, turn drill and short pass routes. (obviously don’t run as many routes on lifting days or eliminate them altogether and only do the drills) if you need help with those or any other drills, pm me.

sb

Bro honestly at 6 foot 148 you cant be chuuby. Hell I honestly wouldnt let you be the Ball on a team let alone play LOL Not trying to be a dick but thats small bro. you need to concentrate on adding some quality size etc, even your thinner players WR’s and DB’s at 6 foot are WELLLLLLL over 148

You need to lose the worry of BF% and concentrate on performance, getting bigger stronger, faster. That may even have you at 13 instead of 11 % youll Have to see

I second the WS4SB

Phill

Not to beat a dead horse but you need to put on LBM. When I started fball at 15 I was 6’2" 180lbs skinny-fat and when I say skinny fat I mean it. no arms, my nipples were up at my collarbone (aka no chest), I really had no appreciable muscle mass. And I was 180lbs, I can’t imagine being 40lbs less-I would have to remove organs or something.

Through lifting hard I graduated at6’4" and about 200-210 - still not ripped but I had some strength and all my lifts went up and times went down.

Screw losing weight, get some muscle gaining 5lbs of muscle will almost always be more beneficial than losing 5 lbs of fat (unless your hugely obese). Good luck with it.

The very first thing you need to do is learn how to go back in time to last November when the season was over. Post a question then. Had you started a decent program then, you MIGHT have had a chance to improve your 40 time, agility, route running, hands, strength, weight, and bodyfat%.

Yep, nothing like waiting to the last minute to get motivated.

Please enjoy another fine season as a tight end.