T Nation

HELP! Food Allergies--No Dairy, CORN, Wheat, Oats, Barley, Gluten, Yeast

Knocked for a loop--recently diagnosed with Hasimoto's Hypothyroidism and food allergies.

Any good advice on dairy free protein supplements for a girl that can't use any dairy anymore? A protein supplement that TASTES decent and has good amino acid mix? I don't want to do too much soy either. I have to mix it with water or almond milk.

I will miss whey and greek yogurt. :frowning:

I am trying to lean out--I'm at 13% body fat and my goal is 10%. I am 41, have two small kids, and engaged to a handsome Major in the Army.

I eat now mainly eggs, chicken breast, lean boneless pork chops, nuts, veggies, and berries. I have been wheat, oat, barley free for some time. I consider sweet potatoes a slurge.

I eat every 2-3 hours and work out 6 days a week.

Paleo eating is a great option for you. There are a handful of members around here who eat this way (including myself). It seems overwhelming at the moment, but I assure you, it will get easier and just become a part of your routine. Here's a few threads to help you get started.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/paleo_diet_cookbook
http://www.T-Nation.com/testosterone-magazine-641#the-paleo-diet

Hope this helps!

Rice protein. I am too allergic to MANY things due to a blood profile antibodies present. It is very easy to get around most but not all. I agree looking into the Paleo diet.

Once you cut out those carbs like wheat and cut out dairy you should lean out pretty easily. Have you been prescribed anything medication wise for your hypothyroidism? You seem to be pretty lean to have hypothyroidism but I am no expert on the subject.

The company that sponsors Kai Greene, has a supplement called carnivor. It is a lactose free meat based protein powder.

I would try to stay away from the berries even though they are low g.i. they are still mainly fructose, which is the devil. I would stick to beans.

Don't listen to this retard. Berries are great for antioxidants and countless phytochemicals. You eat very clean already, good job! The few grams of fructose contained in a cup of berries are negligible.

You might wanna to supplement with zinc and fish oil as your diet is literally devoid of animal fats.

Wait, if you're a legit 13%, and a woman, I don't think I'd recommend leaning out any more, unless participating in a bodybuilding competition in the next few weeks.

As for the protein powder... meat powder, pea, rice, hemp, egg, are all options.

Or stick with whole foods and just eat a lot of meat.

I assure you all, I am completely legitimate--I was upset because I put on 8 pounds in 2 weeks, plus the feeling exhausted, and cold all the time. I consulted a nutrionist at the gym, since I knew my diet could be better. He recommended some metabolic testing which included TPO instead of just TSH since thyroid disorders impact weight gain, and doing free T3 and free T4. Reluctantly I had a lot of blood testing done, and all were normal except for having antibodies, which means Hashimotos. I also have high DHEA-S and testosterone levels for a woman my age.

Why do I wanna lean out? I want to look great in my wedding dress. I am not your typical feminine form. I am 5'0" and 128 #. I have broad shoulders and no hips--I store my weight in my torso--so leaning out is the best thing to do to improve my appearance.

Unless you're a competing female bodybuilder, you probably got a wrong bodyfat number (bad caliper read, inaccurate bioimpedance scale, etc).

As for the hypothyroidism, it sounds like you're seeing a doc, do they want to put you on some sort of medication for it?