Help Finalizing My Diet

Hey guys ive been reading a lot around here, nailed my plans for cardio and weight lifting, but the diet part has always kindve eluded me. Im trying to put my own thing together sort of and this is what I have so far.

Background info:
23 yrs old
6’3
221 lbs
21% bf
Goal is fatloss while maintaining LBM.

Ive done my math and such and this is the diet plan ive come up with so far.

2000 calories, 250g protein, 100g carbs and 67g fats daily. When taking my Surge recovery PWO drink out of the totals and counting as 1 of 6 meals, then dividing that by the remaining 5 meals, the totals per meal that I should have are:

45g protein
10g carbs
12 grams fat

Now where im horrible is deciding how to get the food i eat into this template. The choices and everying. I was reading and for example 1/2cup of broccoli has like 1.2g carbs or something so if i wanted to get to ten id have to eat like 5 cups of broccoli, isnt that a lot?

SO i was like hmm ok I like apples i see what carbs an apple has, and it was like 25g, and now im at the other end of the spectrum where 1 apple is over double what i should have per meal. SO as you can see im having trouble in the final stages.

I dont need variety or a different meal every time with fancy stuff going on, two diff meals that are not complicated is fine.
Thanks in advance for any help!

IMO NO your starting at the basement of intake where will you go from there under 200?? If you hav any LBM and workout at all you need more than that to even think of keeping yor mass. id say start at 16 x bw then subtract 500 or around 3000 and see where that gets you with a solid diet adjust by weekly by 250 k.cals as needed as progress halts. no need in wrecking your metabolism.

Id bump the fat intake to .4-.6 x bw I like it smack dab in the middle or 111g of good healthy fats of varied sources PUFA, MUFA and sats.

Protein looks good. adjust carbs to fit. Good healthy fiberous fruits and veggies aside from peri workout. get that Surge etc in then.

as for your prob Hell I can eat 5 cups broc. no prob add some olive oil and cheese its all mine LOL. But I also wouldnt swat something good like an apple etc. at 21% BF there is NO reason you cant take a moderate healthy approach and include carbs from fruit etc at any meal IMO now going from 10% down then you may need to get a bit drastic.

Just try and keep your starchy and simple carbs early and around w/o and away from high fat intake

Phill

[quote]osirismdw wrote:
Hey guys ive been reading a lot around here, nailed my plans for cardio and weight lifting, but the diet part has always kindve eluded me. Im trying to put my own thing together sort of and this is what I have so far.

Background info:
23 yrs old
6’3
221 lbs
21% bf
Goal is fatloss while maintaining LBM.

Ive done my math and such and this is the diet plan ive come up with so far.

2000 calories, 250g protein, 100g carbs and 67g fats daily. When taking my Surge recovery PWO drink out of the totals and counting as 1 of 6 meals, then dividing that by the remaining 5 meals, the totals per meal that I should have are:

45g protein
10g carbs
12 grams fat

Now where im horrible is deciding how to get the food i eat into this template. The choices and everying. I was reading and for example 1/2cup of broccoli has like 1.2g carbs or something so if i wanted to get to ten id have to eat like 5 cups of broccoli, isnt that a lot?

SO i was like hmm ok I like apples i see what carbs an apple has, and it was like 25g, and now im at the other end of the spectrum where 1 apple is over double what i should have per meal. SO as you can see im having trouble in the final stages.

I dont need variety or a different meal every time with fancy stuff going on, two diff meals that are not complicated is fine.
Thanks in advance for any help!
[/quote]

www.nutritiondata.com

great website, tells u the breakdown of nutritional facts for ANY food you could possibly think of…its a great website for dieting and can help you find other foods that you could use that are better for what goals your looking for, should definitely help

Phill Thanks for the info im gonna change some stuff with your suggestions and youre right, broccoli is good specially when you can oil em and cheese em :wink: plus if i lower the carbs as you say i will need less per meal anyways (because of the higher fats).

Ironwarrior that site is super helpful nice find and thanks! I put in some search criteria and it came up with raw frog legs… hm think ill keep looking LOL

[quote]osirismdw wrote:
Phill Thanks for the info im gonna change some stuff with your suggestions and youre right, broccoli is good specially when you can oil em and cheese em :wink: plus if i lower the carbs as you say i will need less per meal anyways (because of the higher fats).

Ironwarrior that site is super helpful nice find and thanks! I put in some search criteria and it came up with raw frog legs… hm think ill keep looking LOL
[/quote]

Hope it helps
Bets of luck

Phill