T Nation

Help Dropping Bodyfat

Hi, I’m looking for some advice on what I should do. I’m im around 270 pounds, 5’8", with severly high body fat, which I’d rather not say. I am need of some direction. I’m looking for a diet and a routine that will help me shed pounds. I want to get down to about 200. I know that If I eat right the weight will come off, but I know nutrition is also key in my lifting. I want to go on a cut, becuase I guess you can say I’ve been on a lifetime bulk as is.

What kind of routine should I do, so when I do drop this weight I won’t look pitiful or I guess you can say I will actually like looking at my self at the end of my transformation. I know that since I will be on a cut that I probably won’t be getting any stronger. I also don’t have a partner, so I will have to stick to lifts that won’t endanger me as I get stronger/fatigued.

So, I will be sticking to more of db for lets say bench pressing, and more machines for lets say squats. Can someone kind of guide on what kind of weight training diet I should pursue? I’m looking to start ASAP! Thanks.

If I had personal stock in your success first I would have you write down everything you put in your mouth for a couple days. Its been easier to build a diet AROUND your current diet rather then build one from scratch in my experience(unless your entire diet is hog feed, which I doubt). After that maybe somebody with more expertise in losing weight could guide you more on specifics.

To re-emphasize - from my experience, a change in body first required a consciousness of what I was consuming daily.

[quote]Deorum wrote:
If I had personal stock in your success first I would have you write down everything you put in your mouth for a couple days. Its been easier to build a diet AROUND your current diet rather then build one from scratch in my experience(unless your entire diet is hog feed, which I doubt). After that maybe somebody with more expertise in losing weight could guide you more on specifics.

To re-emphasize - from my experience, a change in body first required a consciousness of what I was consuming daily.[/quote]

Its not much of a hog feed, but lack of nutrition, which all has to change. My daily food intake is usually 2 double-cheeseburgers and a fry, twice a day, from McDonalds. I’m thinking about doing something like: 6 meals with only fat and protein, except I will add carbs Pre/Post-workout. But, I have no clue what I should be doing for a workout.

[quote]VVorkInProgress wrote:

Its not much of a hog feed, but lack of nutrition, which all has to change. My daily food intake is usually 2 double-cheeseburgers and a fry, twice a day, from McDonalds. I’m thinking about doing something like: 6 meals with only fat and protein, except I will add carbs Pre/Post-workout. But, I have no clue what I should be doing for a workout.[/quote]

lol.

why can’t i meet people like this IRL?

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:

[quote]VVorkInProgress wrote:

Its not much of a hog feed, but lack of nutrition, which all has to change. My daily food intake is usually 2 double-cheeseburgers and a fry, twice a day, from McDonalds. I’m thinking about doing something like: 6 meals with only fat and protein, except I will add carbs Pre/Post-workout. But, I have no clue what I should be doing for a workout.[/quote]

lol.

why can’t i meet people like this IRL?[/quote]

What’s so funny? I’m looking for help and guidance, not a comedian. Thanks.

Hey man,

Dont worry about these trolls, they strive to make their E-penis ten times bigger by putting beginners down. Just ignore them and ask questions.

Heres a link that can set you off the in right track :

another:

Otherwise, Feel free to email some of the authors of the articles, for the most part, they are willing to point you in the right direction.

Remember, by acknowledging these bastards, you feed them the fuel they need. Stay focused and good luck