Help, Diet Isn't Working!

add some nuts or peanut butter, cheese, get some red meat

have a sweet potato and some pumpkin or squash

have some greek yogurt and a piece of fruit

just eat more

do you know what your maintenace calories are?

No idea what maintenance calories are.

And i defiantly calculated the calories right and how can i up my metabolic rate im very active what other way is there to increase it

Well… JMUC may have had something with what he posted. I assumed you knew your calories.

try this link
http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

it will give you an idea of your maintenance calories.

You can either enter the weight you are now, or what your lean body mass should be.

I am sure it is going to be a lot more than what you have been eating.

Jeh-Fit would probably have a better idea as to whether you should use your current weight or your lean body mass weight.

Maintenance:
3542 Calories/day
Fat Loss:
2834 Calories/day
Extreme Fat Loss:
2125 Calories/day

Those are the results for that calculator thats with my current weight even with extreme weight lose it seems like thats to many calories and let me just say i appreciate all the help you guys are providing im going to try adding some more calories after reading something it says in order to boost my metabolic rate i need to eat a “cheat” meal or boost my calories so im going to try that i suppose

well you can try this one also

http://www.caloriecontrol.org/calcalsm.html

but you would be surprised at how many calories you actually need to lose fat and not lose your muscle

that’s another thing i don’t feel that I’ve lost any muscle but then again you most certainly know more then i do so im just going to follow what you guys say and hope it works I’m going to try and tweak the diet a little more and ill post it when im done and see what you guys think. and a few questions could i kinda like have some tuna instead of chicken and use low fat mayo or is that just far to unhealthy to add.

Is there a reason you haven’t been eating tuna?

You can pretty much eat anything you want. You don’t have to hate your meals.

I don’t like low-fat mayo so I don’t use it. With tuna I like olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper. Or I just buy it in the oil and drain that off.

Have a big juicy burger and some asparagus

you know how much you need to eat, fill it in

I have been eating tuna and salmon but only when its around if its not there i just go back to the chicken and i must say i love the sound of a big juicy burger but I’ve got this terrible mentality now that if i eat anything bad im going to blow back up to where i was i feel great now that I’ve lost the 15 pounds and im literally terrified to gain any weight back. and another quick question whats a good before bed snack my last meal is at 7-8 and i usually go to bed around 11-12 should i just not eat before bed or is there a good choice for a bed time snack

I actually have toast with peanut butter before bed

I sleep through any carb cravings, it also has a calming effect for me to get to sleep.

If you keep your calories at where you need and you are working out, you aren’t going to blow up.

You can also have a protein shake or scrambled eggs, yogurt, or some nuts or cheese. You can even have toast with peanut butter. Just be sure to count your calories as part of your day. Even if you are low carb just make any carbs part of your daily count.

Try having something about 2hours to 90-minutes before you go to bed

ok sounds good i like the sounds of actually being able to eat a little more you helped quite a lot i truly appreciate all the help you gave me