Help, Diet Isn't Working!

Ok i’ve been on this diet for 5-6 weeks now and for the first 3-4 weeks i noticed some decent weight loss i went from 230 down to around 215 but now im at a stand still Heres the diet

Breakfast
      o Instant Oatmeal (1 Packet)
      o 1 tablespoon peanut butter
      o 2 whole eggs
      o 1 piece wheat bread

10:30 am (1/2 meal)
      o 3 oz grilled chicken

12:30 pm Lunch
      o 1 chicken breast
      o 1/2 cup brown rice

2:30 pm (1/2 meal)
      o 3 oz grilled chicken

5:00 pm (1/2 meal)
      o 3 oz grilled chicken

7:00 pm Dinner
      o 1 chicken breast
      o 1 piece wheat bread

I workout twice a day normally i do crossfit style training at around 8 in the morning then at around 5 pm i go to wrestling practice I’m still losing weight but very very slowly can anyone help me maybe tweak the diet or provide one that simple like this one so that maybe i could lose it faster i follow the diet 100% i do not cheat im very dedicated. My biggest problem is that im losing faith in it any help would be awesome guys thanks

do you get tired after breakfast? if so drop the carbs and add more fat. more protein also for breakfast. drop the instant oatmeal for sure, too high glycemic load. eat more eggs too. each egg has around 6 grams of protein.

always eat veggies with your protein. and tons of it.

eat at least 1 gram per pound of bodyweight of protein to start.

please read this G-Flux Redux

and read do a search for Precision Nutrition by Dr. John Berardi for nutrition guidelines

15 lbs in 3-4 weeks? sounds a bit too fast IMO.
what exactly is very slowly?

In the last two weeks Ive been basically at a stand still at about 212 And no i do not get tired after breakfast i actually feel pretty good

Where are the vegetables?

dude…why are you eating only chicken? lean ground beef, salmon, tuna are all excellent sources of protein and not to mention provide variety that will keep you from losing your mind.

another problem i see is you aren’t eating any veggies or fruit? you should be eating a serving of veggies and/or fruit WITH EVERY MEAL! also try shifting your carb intake to earlier in your day and post workout. your evening meals should be protein and fats only.

Wheres the fats?

Pick better carbs, like black beans.

For starters:

1. Add unsaturated fats
  2. Add green veggies
  3. Get rid of all startches

Add up the cals and we can get more detailed.

I really have no idea what im doing as far as a diet i try and research but there are always 100 people saying 100 different things it just confuses and frustrates me. I got this diet from bodybuilding.com it looked simple and easy so i used it.

ok from what has been said on here i tried to revise the diet a little bit Hows this

-Breakfast
4 Eggs(2 whole)(2 egg whites)
1 piece wheat bread
1 tbsp peanut butter

-10:30
4 oz chicken
1/2 cup brown rice

-12:30
8 oz chicken breast
1/2 cup green vegetables

-2:30
4 oz chicken
1/2 cup vegetables

-5:00
8 oz chicken breast
1/2 cup vegetables

-7:00
8 oz chicken breast
1 piece wheat bread
1/2 cup vegetables

Is that any better at all?

still a shit load of chicken. do you live on a chicken farm?

I would probably ditch the wheat bread in the evening meal and maybe add a piece of fruit if anything

Hi fella,

you can develop allergies from eating too much of the same thing.

You really need to rotate your protein sources, not just because you are going to get bored, but because you might develop an allergy to chicken protein.

it looks better, more vegetables, and also whole nuts and do you like cheese?

Do you like coffee? How about some coffee with half and half and cinnamon for some good kick to your system and good for insulin sensitivity

Ok so could i substitute tuna or salmon for the chicken sometimes and yes i like cheese and no i do not like coffee at all.

here’s an idea, how about instead of making random food substitutions and hoping you lose weight, you begin tracking your calories and make adjustments based on your results?

not losing weight? then either decrease the calories, or increase activity. works every time. I promise.

Well i follow the diet above and i added up all the calories for that diet and it comes out to around 1300 calories i spend about 30 minutes in the gym in the morning doing the daily crossfit workout then at 5 i go to a 2 hour wrestling practice so i take in very few calories and i have plenty of activity but i swear im at a sticking point at 212 and all i drink is diet green tea and water.

Well i follow the diet above and i added up all the calories for that diet and it comes out to around 1300 calories i spend about 30 minutes in the gym in the morning doing the daily crossfit workout then at 5 i go to a 2 hour wrestling practice so i take in very few calories and i have plenty of activity but i swear im at a sticking point at 212 and all i drink is diet green tea and water.

1300 cals? If that’s true, I wonder why the you’re not losing weight any more. An prepubescent girl eats that much. Up your calories.

and OG- I’ve never heard of anyone developing an allergy to chicken

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
1300 cals? If that’s true, I wonder why the you’re not losing weight any more. An prepubescent girl eats that much. Up your calories.

and OG- I’ve never heard of anyone developing an allergy to chicken[/quote]

hhhmmmm Thibs has mentioned if you don’t vary your protein sources you can develop allergies.

There was a thread about it, but I suppose the best thing to do would be to stop eating chicken if you start to develop the symptoms. Here was that thread.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/allergies_from_overconsuming_foods

and OP! you are starving yourself.

Idk I feel fine it’s not like i have no energy so i cant really see how im starving myself i always go through practice and my workouts with plenty of energy i wouldn’t even know what to up my calories with should i eat more chicken or another source of protein or should i add in other types of foods to get more calories.

Either A. you calculated the calories wrong or B. you’re body has made the adjustments to survive off less ie decreased metabolic rate