Help Designing/Finishing Program

Hey guys, I want to start a new program, only problem is I already half the lower body have picked out. Since programs don’t usually come in halves, I need some help manually filling out the rest of it.

I’m looking for a split like this:

Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Back
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Arms/Shoulders/Grip Work
Friday: Legs
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: APFT (for Army, pushups/situps/2-mile run)

For lower body: Skinny-Legs Cure The Skinny-Legs Cure
I don’t have skinny legs, honest, but I want to try this program.

Other than that, my goals are primarily strength, NOT SIZE. I understand size will come as it is part of the game, but I’m not looking to get hyooge as it will only be more weight to carry in Basic.

ANY advice is much appreciated. Thanks guys!

Here’s the best advice my friend. Buy Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe on amazon or your local barnes and noble. Theses whole body workouts will allow you to gain the strength you need before starting basic. I served in the military as well - basic can be tough sometimes. Long days with little to eat- keep your head up- you’re about to change your life! :slight_smile:

thank you for the advice. only thing is, i don’t really have a problem finding workouts to fit my needs, it’s just that i found one i like, but it only covers lower body. are there any programs you know of that cover just upper body that are focused on strength? or should i just pull the upper body portion from a program i find?

Yep Nate Green’s new book Built for show has a great Upper/Lower split program. His lower program had me seein spots;)

[quote]Hard Hank wrote:
Yep Nate Green’s new book Built for show has a great Upper/Lower split program. His lower program had me seein spots;) [/quote]

thanks. i found what i was looking for, but i’ll have to check that out