T Nation

Help Critique My Diet

Hello all,

I’m new to this site and would like to get feedback from the well verse gurus out there.

Stats:
5’9"
202 lbs
20% body fat according to my bathroom scale.

Goal: to get lean and gain muscle.

5:00a- D-fine8 (thermogenic drink from a store) CLA, BCAA, Glutamine.

6:00a-HIIT for 20 min Sprint for 1 then walk for 1(MWF)
- Steady pace jog for 30 min. (TTHSA)

6:30a-40g whey mixed with scoop of gatorade,banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter, BCAA, Glutamine, Glucosamine,

8:00a-10 egg whites scrambled in pam sprayed pan, 3 pcs turkey bacon, 2 packets of oatmeal OR 2 whole wheat toast with sugar free jam. Fish oil, flax oil

10:00a-Dfine8 with CLA
11:00a-40g whey protein
12:00p BCAA

1:00p- baked chicken breast with mrs dash seasoning, 1 cup brocolli. OR 1 cup low carb pasta with canned chicken and 4 pcs turkey meatball, 2 tbsp spaghetti sauce. Fish oil flax oil

4:00p- 40g whey protein

5:00p-BCAA, glutamine
6:00p 25g whey, 1 packet of oatmeal, cup of coffee.
6:30-8:00p- work out at gym
8:05-BCAA, Glutamine 40 gram whey with 1 scoop gatorade miix in water.
9:00p-chicken breast with asparagus fish oil, flax oil

10:30-25g mixed protein drink with cassein, ZMA,CLA, Glutamine
SLEEP and do it all over again.

Lunch and dinner change from steak to chicken or salmon then veggies. I do drink water through out the day, don’t have exact amount probably 6 to 8 bottles 16oz each.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MODIFY MY DIET. LET ME KNOW WHAT I’M DOING RIGHT AND WRONG. SO FAR I HAVE DROPPED ONLY 3 LBS SINCE FEB 18. I WAS AT 220 BEGINNING OF JAN. BUT DID NOT START THIS DIET TIL FEB 18.
ADVICE NEEDED FROM ALL PLS.

THANK YOU AND WILL POST PIC SOON
LIKEWATR

can you measure all the protein/carbs(sugars)/fat/calories

and their totals?

You may have only dropped 3 pounds since Feb, but have your lifts gone up? There are ways to progress other than scale weight.

What does your training program look like?

Plug it into fitday.com then post your calories, protein, carbs and fat.
You’re not eating enough real food meals in my opinion.

[quote]AmandaSC wrote:
You’re not eating enough real food meals in my opinion.[/quote]

I agree, I would eat more “real food” in your diet, you may of dropped just three pounds, but maybe you have lost inches. Is your lean body mass increasing? Do you know your body fat % when you started?

A decrease of 1-2 pounds a week is ideal. I wouldn’t worry about doing it fast, you have to be patient.

Move more outside the gym, take a walk everyday to add to total kcal expenditure. Remember you are only in the gym a little bit each day, you have a lot of time outside it to be moving.

If your lifts are going up and you are losing 1-2 pounds a week… PERFECT

Thank you everyone!

my lifts are progressively increasing. I will need to get more in detail as far as what I lift. A typical chest and tri work out day for me.

jog for 5 min.
Incline dumbell press: warm up 20x55lbs
15x75
10x80
8x85
6x90

Dumbell press
10x85 for 3 sets
15x75 last set

decline bench press
155x15
185x10 3 sets

pec deck flies 4 sets

TRI’s
Dumbell overhead press
10x65 for two sets
8x75 for last set

tricep press downs
12x70 lbs 4 sets

rope press downs
15x55 lbs for 4 sets strict

[quote]joshjuk wrote:
AmandaSC wrote:
You’re not eating enough real food meals in my opinion.

I agree, I would eat more “real food” in your diet, you may of dropped just three pounds, but maybe you have lost inches. Is your lean body mass increasing? Do you know your body fat % when you started?[/quote]

I am seeing my body shape up a bit. My shoulders and traps are getting rounder and fuller, my back is starting to show structure, my arms are starting to form a peak my chest is starting to take shape. I am concerned with all the water weight I am carrying though specially at night time. When morning comes though my body feels good and my sides are smaller.

here’s a bi and shoulder shot that shows a little “peak”