Help Critique My Bulking Diet

Well, in his situation I would place more emphasis on amount. If you have the money to spend I truly do believe you will recieve more benefit from rotation of food sources and if possible I would always take food over a mrp but, I do realize protein powder provides a good cheap alternative.

As for the Whey it is ideal for post workout, as a meal replacement throughout the day I would go with casien or a blend. I will add if you have allergies to a particular food then obviously it should be avoided but generally speaking at Spencerulez BF and given he is in school and on a tight budget due to some unfortunate circumstances I would focus on a diet like this (He or anyone should see good initial progress) and really hit it hard in the gym with a good training program (a great one for bulking is Ian King’s -see link below:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459537&cr=

thanks.
just out of curiosity, it seems like 300g+100g protein, so 400g=1600cals =50%? so you were only doing about 3200?

[quote]kickureface wrote:
thanks.
just out of curiosity, it seems like 300g+100g protein, so 400g=1600cals =50%? so you were only doing about 3200?[/quote]

Doesn’t seem like many kcals but, I can actually gain weight on 2600 kcals and at my heaviest 210lbs I was still only around 3500. I firmly believe nutrient absorption, digestive health and hormonal optimization are the keys to lean bulking. I would also add many people GROSSLY overestimate their kcal intake (people have told me they eat 5000 kcals and then when we go out to eat they eat less than someof the fitness girls I train) or eat foods they are allergic to because they read they should eat this or that.

The clients I work with and of course with myself I pay close attention to all aspects of diet (choices, timing, how one feels, etc.) When I make a recommendation for someone like this post it is general insight and while it will likely provide satisfactory results, to continue torogress it will behoove you to get to know what works best for you.

wow thanks. I was looking at monster milk and It doesen’t stack up with ON gold standard whey. So I’ll probably stick with that. Also is it frowned upon to have a casein shake and a bagel for breakfast… I’ve gotten to the point where eggs make me sick.

Worst case I have to deal with this for another year. since it’s my senior year I will be in college after this, which most notably means less junk and more clean foods around me.

Whats so bad about whey powder? I here people say that I should use whole foods a lot but never told why.

Food has a higher thermic effect, plus the action of chewing alone helps signal your body to make enzymes to digest protein better, you have control over how the food is prepared (I am not saying Optimum Nutrition per sey but, you are at the mercy of the label’s honesty if you rely on powders 50 grams may be 20grams), powders often contain all kinds of unnecessasary vitamins and minerals that can cause an unfavorable insulin response. Yuo get the idea. For now, in your situation, they will do but don’t become reliant on them and look at them as a temporary solution not a long term fix.

[quote]kickureface wrote:
thanks.
just out of curiosity, it seems like 300g+100g protein, so 400g=1600cals =50%? so you were only doing about 3200?[/quote]

Doesnt a 50/30/20 mean 50% of total grams come from prot, 30% from fat and 20% from carb?

Like… 50g of prot, 30g of fat and 20g of carb?

If so, total cals would be higher