Help Creating an Olympic Lifting Program

Hey all,

I’m trying to find a good olympic lifting program to use over my upcoming offseason. (Im a polevaulter at Rutgers University) I can’t seem to find any good ones out there. I’ve made my own, but would like to find some professional information. There seems to be a lack of literature in the olympic lifting area. Please help.

-poper
PS. my offseason is 14 weeks long

These might help you:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=471208
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459235

Use this program at least twice a week:

1. Snatch or CJ 4-8*1-2
  2. High pulls 3-5*3, with different grips
  3. Sq or dl 4-6*4
  4. Heavy abdominal work, for 2-4 sets

Try Dan John’s site. It has a wealth of O-lifting programs and resources.

You really can’t go wrong with Dan.

I have found that you can’t really go wrong with this outline:

Day one: olympic lifts

Day two: squats and presses

Repeat

Take as many days off as you feel you need per week (especially if something fun comes up).

Add anything else (e.g. abs, arms, back etc) at the end of the workout.

IMHO front squats really are the most effective exercise in reagards to olympic weightlifing. Even more so than the olympic lifts and their derivatives, still need to do some volume on them of course.

[quote]flabtoslab wrote:
Try Dan John’s site. It has a wealth of O-lifting programs and resources.

You really can’t go wrong with Dan.[/quote]

Check out the interview with stefan jakobson in volume seven of “get up” on Dan John’s site there are some good insights on how to incorporate oly lifitng

Thanks a lot everyone. I am a big fan of Dan John and am familiar with his programs. I was thinking of trying his pacifica barbell program actually. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with Cristian T’s Behind the Iron Curtain, Soviet Training “Secrets” to Spark New Muscle Growth program. He says this is a beginner’s soviet olympic lifter’s program but modernized for the western athlete. I really think this is a decent program.

-poper