Help, Can't Stop Losing Weight!

[quote]GOTNOIDEA wrote:
ok, thanks everyone,

correct me if im wrong, but in my last few years of reading forums and listening to knowledgable people, I was under the impression that simple carbs, eg white breads, pasta, white are generally no good because the body processes them to quickly and excess turns to fat, while complex ones take a while and hence it doesn’t turn to fat…

when I first joined the gym many many years ago as a tubby fatso, I was put on a no white bread/pasta/ rice diet for 9 months, and the kilos and fat melted away, that was with training,

so im a little unsure why I should be eating heaps of breads rices and pasta

I completely understand that eating lots of meats and veges will increase my clean calorie intake and hence stop me from losing weight as long as my calories in > calories out,

thats where Im a bit confused, whats the difference between as someone mentioned lots of peanut butter which has calories VS a choloclate bar, which in my eyes has the same quanity and amount of calories

admittedly, I do want to maintain/increase my current weight slightly, but I really don’t want to just become fat…

thanks everyone for listening[/quote]

probably because when you’re fat your insulin sensitivity goes to shit (due to an excessive amount of simple carbs). About your diet if you manage the calories right you will not have a problem. Losing weight? eat more calories. Gaining weight? eat less calories. Eat clean for carbs use something like sweet potatoes. I am in the same boat you were in basically bulking gone very very wrong due to eating crap food. I eat to keep my body healthy now and i personally have found to function a lot better without grains and diary.

[quote]rehanb_bl wrote:

[quote]GOTNOIDEA wrote:
ok, thanks everyone,

correct me if im wrong, but in my last few years of reading forums and listening to knowledgable people, I was under the impression that simple carbs, eg white breads, pasta, white are generally no good because the body processes them to quickly and excess turns to fat, while complex ones take a while and hence it doesn’t turn to fat…

when I first joined the gym many many years ago as a tubby fatso, I was put on a no white bread/pasta/ rice diet for 9 months, and the kilos and fat melted away, that was with training,

I completely understand that eating lots of meats and veges will increase my clean calorie intake and hence stop me from losing weight as long as my calories in > calories out,

thats where Im a bit confused, whats the difference between as someone mentioned lots of peanut butter which has calories VS a choloclate bar, which in my eyes has the same quanity and amount of calories

admittedly, I do want to maintain/increase my current weight slightly, but I really don’t want to just become fat…

probably because when you’re fat your insulin sensitivity goes to shit (due to an excessive amount of simple carbs). About your diet if you manage the calories right you will not have a problem. Losing weight? eat more calories. Gaining weight? eat less calories. Eat clean for carbs use something like sweet potatoes. I am in the same boat you were in basically bulking gone very very wrong due to eating crap food. I eat to keep my body healthy now and i personally have found to function a lot better without grains and diary.[/quote]

Getting fat will have a negative impact on insulin sensitivity regardless of what foods you ate to get fat. If you ate only steak and avocados but still managed to get to be 50lbs “overweight” your insulin sensitivity will not be as good if you were lean. All foods spike insulin. Simple carbs are just particularly good at it.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]rehanb_bl wrote:

[quote]GOTNOIDEA wrote:
ok, thanks everyone,

probably because when you’re fat your insulin sensitivity goes to shit (due to an excessive amount of simple carbs). About your diet if you manage the calories right you will not have a problem. Losing weight? eat more calories. Gaining weight? eat less calories. Eat clean for carbs use something like sweet potatoes. I am in the same boat you were in basically bulking gone very very wrong due to eating crap food. I eat to keep my body healthy now and i personally have found to function a lot better without grains and diary.[/quote]

Getting fat will have a negative impact on insulin sensitivity regardless of what foods you ate to get fat. If you ate only steak and avocados but still managed to get to be 50lbs “overweight” your insulin sensitivity will not be as good if you were lean. All foods spike insulin. Simple carbs are just particularly good at it.
[/quote]

was just writing it in a “nutshell” version but yeh

[quote]GOTNOIDEA wrote:
ok, thanks everyone,

If you want to lose fat while maintaining muscle, avoiding rice and pasta can help you reach your goal.

I don’t think that is your goal.

You weigh less than 60 kg (135 pounds). You’d likely look better if you gained some muscle. That should be your goal. In this case, rice and pasta isn’t necessarily bad for you. I don’t think you’ll see many successful bodybuilders who haven’t eaten those foods.

You want to gain weight? Eat more, and don’t be afraid of carbs. Be afraid of chips, soda, candy and stuff like that.

^This. yea he wants to gain weight while limiting fat gain. Just be smart about your diet and shouldnt have problems gaining weight while limiting fat gain. Still post your diet though so we can have an idea of what the problem is.