Help, Can't Stop Losing Weight!

ok, here is my situation, I used to train 4-6 times per week, eat my 6 meals per day including shakes, I was a bit flabby at say about 15-16% bodyfat, height 170cm, weight between 63-67kg

admittedly, I was trying to get bodyfat down to about 10-12% which ive never been able to do in my 5 year training,

fast forward 3 months, ive now got a new job, its 7 days per week, 14 hours per day including travel time, 8 hours on my half day off,

I now traing about 2 times per week, for about an hour

the job requires me to be on my feet for basically the whole time (hospitality)

as a result my weight has dropped down into the high 50s, me naturally not being very tall, and I haven’t even had a chance to scratch myself, i looked in the mirror and im absolutely shredded, now this sense of acheivement lasted for about 5 mins when the gf said, that I look too skinny, i ve always wanted to be shredded and I tried for about 5 years and it only took 3 weeks of stress/lack of eating

so what can I do to put some weight back on say another 4-5 kg,

I don’t want to go and eat fast food in case I become a lardass, but im really trying to eat my 2 shakes per day plus 3 to 4 meals of meat/veg. but it still doesn’t seem to be helping,

what can people recommend in my situation, I want to put back on the weight without it being pure fat.

I guess that the lack of eating for the first 2 weeks of the job, and the fact taht running around may be considered like doing cardio all day

admittedly, the ironic thing is that ive spent the last 5 years trying to get shredded, and now its taken just a few weeks without even noticing, everyone has said I look too skinny , however, I feel physically fine, ive been having the odd calorie dense meal to try and stop the process, eg peanut butter, chocolate, bread… but it just doesn’t seem to be working

Please help

eat more

fair enough,

im surrounded by food,

so eat more frequently, or eat more at a time,

i can basically eat whatever I want,

so do you recommend, lots of white bread, or brown bread or more meat/veg ???

admittedly, Ive been having those weeties/milk/sugar mix ready made drinks whenever I can, I think they pack in a crapload of calories.

also, although all my colleagues drink, I don’t drink that much, and admittedly, haven’t touched the stuff for about 5 weeks now…

Eat more AND more often. Have a fatty steak with potato and wash it down with3 tbsp of peanut butter. I wish I had an issue like yours.

Add peanut butter to you shake. And oats.

ill be honest, ive always dreamnt of having the abs I currently have…seriously

but the weight and comments from everybody else is quite concerning,

i am quite worried that ill blow out if I start eating too many fast/bad foods in an attempt to get the quick punch of calories?

im a bit confused on the best way to approach it…

i mean fatty meat on steaks can’t be good, won’t it just put fat on my currently skinny frame

[quote]GOTNOIDEA wrote:

i am quite worried that ill blow out if I start eating too many fast/bad foods in an attempt to get the quick punch of calories?

i mean fatty meat on steaks can’t be good, won’t it just put fat on my currently skinny frame[/quote]

Steak=good.

Other than that, do you realize that you can eat plenty with “clean calories”. Olive oil in your shakes, handful of almonds.

There are plenty of threads about getting in easy calories.

Eat meat and veggies and carbs at the right time. If you like you abs eat enough to stop the scale from going the wrong way.

if you want to be bigger eat more than that

[quote]GOTNOIDEA wrote:

i mean fatty meat on steaks can’t be good, won’t it just put fat on my currently skinny frame[/quote]

it won’t put fat on your skinny frame. It is in fact probably exactly what you need. Proteins and fats man just workout hard and eat like there’s no tomorrow

It also could be that the people who are telling you that you are too skinny are jealous and feeling bad about themselves. If you like the way you look just eat enough to stop losing weight and keep up the good training.

Eat the brown bread.

thanks everyone

i am trying to eat more and more frequently,

ive been trying to eat my meats and veggies,

as for carbs, ive been trying to continue to cycle them like when i was training 6 days per week

do I even need to bother doing this?

also, are things that ive always considered bad. eg white rice, white pasta, chocolate, a big no no still?

i guess the extra calories won’t do any harm since im so calorie defunct anyway, but eating high calories from crap can’t be a good thing

10 responses and no one notices this guy is only in the gym 2 times a week?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
[/quote]

He doesnt even want to be big. Training more often wont stop his problem of unintentionally losing weight.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[/quote]

He doesnt even want to be big. Training more often wont stop his problem of unintentionally losing weight. [/quote]

You’re right…I keep thinking “testosterone”…

[quote]GOTNOIDEA wrote:
thanks everyone

i am trying to eat more and more frequently,

ive been trying to eat my meats and veggies,

as for carbs, ive been trying to continue to cycle them like when i was training 6 days per week

do I even need to bother doing this?

also, are things that ive always considered bad. eg white rice, white pasta, chocolate, a big no no still?

i guess the extra calories won’t do any harm since im so calorie defunct anyway, but eating high calories from crap can’t be a good thing[/quote]

Dude, eating fucking rice or pasta won’t make you fat. You compare them to chocolate? Only eating veggies and meat (while cutting off the fat) will not be optimal for gaining or maintaining weight if you’re currently losing weight on it. See what happens if you add in potatoes, rice, pasta or something similar to your meals.

ok, thanks everyone,

correct me if im wrong, but in my last few years of reading forums and listening to knowledgable people, I was under the impression that simple carbs, eg white breads, pasta, white are generally no good because the body processes them to quickly and excess turns to fat, while complex ones take a while and hence it doesn’t turn to fat…

when I first joined the gym many many years ago as a tubby fatso, I was put on a no white bread/pasta/ rice diet for 9 months, and the kilos and fat melted away, that was with training,

so im a little unsure why I should be eating heaps of breads rices and pasta

I completely understand that eating lots of meats and veges will increase my clean calorie intake and hence stop me from losing weight as long as my calories in > calories out,

thats where Im a bit confused, whats the difference between as someone mentioned lots of peanut butter which has calories VS a choloclate bar, which in my eyes has the same quanity and amount of calories

admittedly, I do want to maintain/increase my current weight slightly, but I really don’t want to just become fat…

thanks everyone for listening

AT LEAST train 3 times a week. If you want to limit fat gain while gaining weight you could try the anabolic diet…
This is what I currently eat…
4500 calorie meal plan
Meal 1: 2 chicken fillets, 6 pieces of bacon, 1 bag of nuts, 3 fish oil caps.
Meal 2: 1 pound ground beef, 2 TBS sour cream, 3 fish oil caps.
Meal 3: .5 pound ground beef, 2 TBS sour cream, 4 oz. Monterey jack cheese, 3 fish oil caps.
Meal 4: 3 bags of nuts, 6 pieces of bacon, 1 chicken breast, 1 fish oil cap.
Meal 5: 580 calories of something low carb.

3 chicken breasts= 390 calories
4 oz. Monterey jack cheese= 440 calories
12 pieces of bacon= 540 calories
10 fish oil caps= 90 calories
1.5 pound ground beef= 1,740 calories
4 TBS sour cream= 120 calories
4 bags of nuts= 600 calories

This isn’t really all that much food when you look at it but it still allows you to get the calories in while allowing you to avoid the fat gain. I also eat small salads throughout the day to get in a lil more fiber. If you dont gain from this keep increasing the calories.
Oh and to answer your question about shitty foods versus clean foods… the clean foods tend to create a lower and prolonged release of insulin so you will be able to feed the muscles longer after the feeding while simultaneously lowering fat storage so it’s not as simple as calories in and calories out. Cleaner foods will always give you a better partitioning effect.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[/quote]

He doesnt even want to be big. Training more often wont stop his problem of unintentionally losing weight. [/quote]

You’re right…I keep thinking “testosterone”…[/quote]

Luckily that’s why we have the T-Cell.

[quote]GOTNOIDEA wrote:
ok, thanks everyone,

correct me if im wrong, but in my last few years of reading forums and listening to knowledgable people, I was under the impression that simple carbs, eg white breads, pasta, white are generally no good because the body processes them to quickly and excess turns to fat, while complex ones take a while and hence it doesn’t turn to fat…

when I first joined the gym many many years ago as a tubby fatso, I was put on a no white bread/pasta/ rice diet for 9 months, and the kilos and fat melted away, that was with training,

so im a little unsure why I should be eating heaps of breads rices and pasta

I completely understand that eating lots of meats and veges will increase my clean calorie intake and hence stop me from losing weight as long as my calories in > calories out,

thats where Im a bit confused, whats the difference between as someone mentioned lots of peanut butter which has calories VS a choloclate bar, which in my eyes has the same quanity and amount of calories

admittedly, I do want to maintain/increase my current weight slightly, but I really don’t want to just become fat…

thanks everyone for listening[/quote]

The only thing anyone (bodybuilder, powerlifter) should be eating in heaps is meat and eggs. WHo said eat heaps of white bread and pasta? Quote it please.

WTF ?? are you actually comparing peanut butter to a chocolate bar. GTFO. Please, stop posting for the sake of your dignity.

The only thing anyone (bodybuilder, powerlifter) should be eating in heaps is meat and eggs. WHo said eat heaps of white bread and pasta? Quote it please.

WTF ?? are you actually comparing peanut butter to a chocolate bar. GTFO. Please, stop posting for the sake of your dignity.
[/quote]

This is what I was thinking lol. If you want to eat a lot carbs OP just make sure to stick to foods like sweet potatos,long grain brown rice,Ezekiel bread, and fruits.
FOR ME I perform better low carb. YOU on the other hand by might be polar opposite as far as how you respond to carbs. Have you kept nutrition/training logs to track your performance and bodycomp?

Better yet post your diet with calories and macronutrients and tell us your past experiences on how you respond to these foods