Help Bulking Up for Football

I Am 14 Years Old I Will Be 15 In 5 Months.
I Want To Work Out Very Intensely For 6 Months. I weigh 140 pounds , I am 6 Foot 1, My body Fat Is Over 25 Percent but under 30. I am below average when it comes to strength. I want to bulk up for football season next year as I was the starting QB for my Junior Varsity Team This Year. The only strong thing about me is my shoulders that help me throw the football. Other than that I Am very scrawny and have skeleton arms and legs.

I wanted to know what I types of foods i should eat, how many meals, carbs, calories, and protein i Should consume. Should i take any supplements or shakes to help me. What can i expect in 6 months. What excersises and how much of them shold i lift/do? And any other tips.
Thank You

[quote]Begineers Luk wrote:
I Want To Work Out Very Intensely For 6 Months. I weigh 140 pounds , I am 6 Foot 1, My body Fat Is Over 25 Percent but under 30. I am below average when it comes to strength. I want to bulk up for football season next year as I was the starting QB for my Junior Varsity Team This Year. The only strong thing about me is my shoulders that help me throw the football. Other than that I Am very scrawny and have skeleton arms and legs.

I wanted to know what I types of foods i should eat, how many meals, carbs, calories, and protein i Should consume. Should i take any supplements or shakes to help me. What can i expect in 6 months. What excersises and how much of them shold i lift/do? And any other tips.
Thank You [/quote]

You aren’t 25%+ bodyfat. I guarentee that. eat 5-8 meals a day, either protien+fat, or protien+carb. BUt in your case I don’t think it will matter much. eat a slow digesting protien before bed. Drink a lot of milk, try WS4SB, rippetoe’s or 5x5. If you do ws4sb do a strongman day or a second lower body day. try to get 3000+ calories a day if not more. Want any particular links to stuff like berardis massive eating article, the 5x5 program, ws4sb, or rippetoes, just ask. If I where you I’d do

Rippetoes or 5x5 for 2-4 months then switch to ws4sb.

what are your bench, back/frontsquat deadlift, and clean and jerk maxes.

help us help you.

edit: I would post links now but I have to get off now.

Do Rippetoe’s for as long as you can.

Make sure you have someone with you to help you with your form. It always scares me when 14 year olds ask questions like this here because they should be asking their father, brother, coach, older friend, etc. If you don’t have someone to help you with the form, find a weightlifting club. Don’t expect to get support for this type of program in a commercial fitness centre.

Stu

OP, these are the links to the program zep was referencing

Rippetoe

5x5

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=640350

For all kinds of info.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
Begineers Luk wrote:

Thank You

You aren’t 25%+ bodyfat. I guarentee that. eat 5-8 meals a day, either protien+fat, or protien+carb. BUt in your case I don’t think it will matter much. eat a slow digesting protien before bed. Drink a lot of milk, try WS4SB, rippetoe’s or 5x5. If you do ws4sb do a strongman day or a second lower body day. try to get 3000+ calories a day if not more. Want any particular links to stuff like berardis massive eating article, the 5x5 program, ws4sb, or rippetoes, just ask. If I where you I’d do

Rippetoes or 5x5 for 2-4 months then switch to ws4sb.

what are your bench, back/frontsquat deadlift, and clean and jerk maxes.

help us help you.

edit: I would post links now but I have to get off now.[/quote]

I am 25+% body fat they checked is in P.E the other day and i have never benched or deadlift or anything that has to do with lifting It would help me if you gave me some links

You have all the links you need. Do Starting Strength. You’re 140 lbs. If the 25% is true, you have 105 lbs of lean at 6’1". You have hardly any muscle at all. 35 lbs of fat on a 6’1" frame is not a lot. Focus on strength and the muscle will come. Start with light weights that you can manage, learn the proper form and gradually increase the weight you lift.

Stu

[quote]stuward wrote:
You have all the links you need. Do Starting Strength. You’re 140 lbs. If the 25% is true, you have 105 lbs of lean at 6’1". You have hardly any muscle at all. 35 lbs of fat on a 6’1" frame is not a lot. Focus on strength and the muscle will come. Start with light weights that you can manage, learn the proper form and gradually increase the weight you lift.

Stu

[/quote]

What should I Eat Calories /Protein/Carb wise?
Should I Take Any Type Of Protein Supplement or Drink?
What can i expect after 6 months?

stuward wrote:

Stu

What can i expect after 6 months?[/quote]

Eat as much protein and as much food in general as you can. You do nit need to worry about counting calories or anything like that.

stuward wrote:

Stu

What can i expect after 6 months?[/quote]

In the beginner thread there is a link to several good diet pages.

Protein drinks are good but you need to get hitting the iron. All the best nutrition is not going to help if you don’t start lifting.

In 6 month you could gain 30 lbs of muscle and lose all your excess fat, you may be able to bench 150, squat 200 and deadlift 250, or you may make no progress at all. It depends on how hard you work and whether you follow the program.

Read the Starting Strength program. Start with light weights, learn the proper for and make steady progress. Make sure you get lots of good food. Lots of meat, veg, fruit, good oils, whole grains, etc. Oatmeal, sweet potatoes, brown Rice are all good weight gainers. Get protein at each meal. Protein powder is good but you don’t need weight gainers as they don’t add any nutrients. Get your calories from food and try to get food that is nutritious.

Stu