Help Before My Arms Fall Off!

When I sleep on my back, everything is hunky-dory. But I get bored with sleeping on my back, so I’ve tried sleeping on either side. When I do, both of my arms fall asleep and I wake up all scared to death and have to wiggle my fingers all around really fast to wake up my arms.
Is this normal? What can I do? How can I sleep on my back and not get bored? Or how can I sleep on my sides and not have my arms fall off?

Have you tried sleeping on your stomach? I’ve heard thats the safest position to be in.

Is your pillow too flat or soft?

[quote]Moon Knight wrote:
Have you tried sleeping on your stomach? I’ve heard thats the safest position to be in.[/quote]

I’ve tried this but my unit gets in the way.

[quote]Bodhisattva wrote:
Is your pillow too flat or soft?[/quote]

I didn’t think of this. Or I could try some pillows on the side to support my body. Chicks will think I’m nuts.

Get a pillow that has a more firm support under your neck, but no so lofty that your head is then tilted up… a chiropractor’s office sells the kind with the hard foam neck support. It sounds like however your spine is lying when you are on your side, something is geting pinched off.

Personally, I use a “body pillow” when I sleep on my side (most of the time). It’s about 5’ long by 1-1/2’ wide, by 6-8" thick. Cost me $15-20 at one of those bed/bath places but they may have them at Target. Very comfortable, I can’t sleep without it, (I usually bring it as carry-on luggage as opposed to a bag of junk).

[quote]BCman wrote:
Personally, I use a “body pillow” when I sleep on my side (most of the time). It’s about 5’ long by 1-1/2’ wide, by 6-8" thick. Cost me $15-20 at one of those bed/bath places but they may have them at Target. Very comfortable, I can’t sleep without it, (I usually bring it as carry-on luggage as opposed to a bag of junk).[/quote]

Where are your arms in relation to the pillow?