Help Athlete Perform His Best

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

[quote]AnytimeJake wrote:
I had a big long post about how different the way gear is used by athletes, and BBer’s, but it’s not worth causing an arguement. If the OP is a young up and comming athlete as he says, he probably shouldn’t be messing with (surpressing) his natural test. A low cycle of Anavar, or winney, should give him some lean gains without surpressing his test. It’s not worth fighting about, if the OP has the Anavar I would give it a go, and watch the blood levels to see how long it lasts after last pill. Anavar, winney, or Dball run on they’re own at 20-40 a day shouldn’t need a PCT, keep the cycle under 12 weeks. I only mention Dball because I just had a young hockey player finish 10 weeks at 25mil a day, great results, and no supression of test. The results we’re talking about here, aren’t the kind of gains BBer’s are after. I think thats whats confusing some guys here, were talking about probably less than 5% gains here. I can’t imagine a BBer even thinking about using gear without at least 25% gains. Two different animals, trying to get small performance gain with little or no weightr gain. like I said Goodluck OP [/quote]

what?!? 12 weeks on an oral and no PCT!?! you gotta be kidding me…

Anavar has been shown to have less HPTA suppression than other AAS, but it still causes suppression. and skipping PCT contributes to a loss of gains, and misses out on an opportunity to correct the testosterone/epitestosterone ratio, which actually matters for an athlete that expects a drug test.

i find the advice you gave in your above post would manage to cause the OP nothing but problems…[/quote]

• i have the var, but i have not started using it before now.(i had to do some reading first, next time i would add some test, thats the conclution. but i dont have test on hand now, just var. and i really hate ordering online. scares me.(coustoms etc) i also have nolva on hand… the main problem for me is the detection time on nolvadex , clomid etc. what would be the best pct for an athlete?

^honestly, i don’t know… the half-life of tamoxifen and clomiphene is 3-4 days, and the rule of thumb that i’ve seen IRT drug tests, is multiply that x5, and that’s how many days you’ll need.

raloxifene is a much weaker SERM, but it has a half-life of about 1 day, so that would prolly be a good option for someone taking a drug test. personally, i’d combine tamoxifen and raloxifene, depending on when you’re ending the cycle and competition is…

I believe that some have hypothesised that a cycle of test might have long term positive effects in terms of androgen receptor number, which could be beneficial alongside training stimulus in causing hypertrophy.

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:
^honestly, i don’t know… the half-life of tamoxifen and clomiphene is 3-4 days, and the rule of thumb that i’ve seen IRT drug tests, is multiply that x5, and that’s how many days you’ll need.

raloxifene is a much weaker SERM, but it has a half-life of about 1 day, so that would prolly be a good option for someone taking a drug test. personally, i’d combine tamoxifen and raloxifene, depending on when you’re ending the cycle and competition is…[/quote]

• you think raloxifene would be a good(good enough) solution for an pct for anavar only? (8weeks 30mg )

i have read that tamoxifen could be detected 2-3 months?.. people have different meanings on that subject, hard to find the true answer. but i dont want to take any risks. People also say that in sports it’s more common to do shorter sycles with lower dosage than BB and no pct, whats your toughts on that?

f.eks test prop 300-400mg wk for 15-20days then 2-3weeks of for recovery? ( raloxifene better than nothing? )

i really appreciate your answers sir :slight_smile: