All fellow fitness enthusiasts,
This is my first post in the forum so apologies for a long one. However, I will try to detail what I can as I am desperately looking for some sound advice.
I am 31 years old and got into the fitness regime only last year. Yes, I have never been to a gym before May last year!! I weighed 81 kgs at 5’7" and was a chubby man. It took me till Nov last year to get down to 64.5 kgs and I feel/look a lot better. My lifting strength has definitely increased (albeit not massively) and I do see noticeable changes in my body. I am happy with my progression so far but want to take it to the next level. My goal is not to become a massive body builder but have a ripped lean body minus the anorexic look. Currently my workout routine looks like this.
- Sunday : Chest
- Monday : Legs
- Tuesday: Back
- Wednesday : Cardio (HIT)
- Thursday : Shoulders
- Friday : Arms (biceps; triceps)
- Saturday : Rest
I am hitting my abs (not extensively) during all my workouts by doing ab exercises during my resting time.
Nutrition log as follows:
- Breakfast : 2 scoops of ON 100% Gold Standard Whey + a bowl of porridge (water based) with honey + a bowl of fruit
- Lunch : A portion of chicken (No fried stuff) + green salad + a bowl of lentil dal
- Post Workout : 2 scoops of ON 100% Gold Standard Whey
- Dinner : A portion of chicken (No fried stuff) + green salad + a bowl of lentil dal/soup
I did attempt to measure my body fat % using calipers and it appears to be around the 13-14% mark. I cannot get it measured by a professional because of the location I am currently at.
Advice that I am looking for is on:
- How do I start putting on some bulk in the right areas? Change in protein powder? Eating more? Workout Intensity?
- I can feel my abs (minus the lower stomach) with my hands but they are not popping out. In addition to this, I am one of those unfortunate individuals who are genetically prone to storing fat on my lower belly. I have been doing ab exercises specifically targeting these areas. However, I am not seeing the gains I anticipated. I have read numerous forums and in some they mentioned that it might be loose skin rather than fat as I might have lost weight a bit too quickly and the body is still trying to catch up. Can that be the case?
Thanks for all your help.