T Nation

Help After Roids

Heu guys, I’m new to this site but it seems like there’s a lot of informed people on these forums and I was wondering if I could get some help…

I’m 19 years old, I’ve been lifting for about 4 years now and have gained about 50 lbs since my sophomore year. Over the years I’ve tried a lot of stuff, some that worked and some didn’t. About 7 months ago I took a cycle of Deca and Test that helped me gain about 20 lbs, which I still have most on due to my large appetite and dedicated workouts. Anyway, my real question is about the side effects from the roids.

I took all of the necessary supps to protect myself but it seemed I couldn’t prevent the testicular shrinkage. I know taking a cycle at this age is dumb and if you guys feel the need to berate me then go right ahead but I’d really appreciate it if I got some advice as to how to “reverse” this problem. I do research a lot and I know your test levels can eventually balance out and they’ll return to normal but I’d like to know if there is anything I can take to help?

Again, feel free to call me an idiot and everything but please also give some advice if you have, thank you.

Have your testicles returned to their normal size? Did you use HCG? How long have you been off? Problems with libido or erections? Have you got any blood work done?

Did you use any sort of PCT? Do some research on post cycle therapy and you should find your answer.

hcg

No blood work at all. I didn’t do any PCT, just took milk thistle, cranberry, etc. while cycling. They’ve gotten bigger but not all the way. Should I just get some Clomid or Novladex?

I would think that after 7 months you should certainly be back to normal. But with no PCT I cant imagine you kept most of your gains.

[quote]pioneer14 wrote:
No blood work at all. I didn’t do any PCT, just took milk thistle, cranberry, etc. while cycling. They’ve gotten bigger but not all the way. Should I just get some Clomid or Novladex?[/quote]

I really hope you don’t mean to say that your idea of post-cycle therapy is milk thistle and cranberry juice. Get yourself some HCG and inject about 1000iu the first day (while taking vitamin E), then knock it down to 500iu/day for the remainder of a week. If you’re worried about the estrogen kick-back during that, consider some nolvadex (or arimidex if you’re a pansy).

There is no way it should take 7 months for your testicals to bounce back. With proper pct size typically returns within 2-4 weeks for myself.
See YA

We have seen this before. Botched cycles, no PCT and sexually crippled.

Do the HCG and Clomid. Taper off of the Clomid. Take arimidex/anastrozole 1mg/day for two days, .5mg EOD for a week, then taper down to 1mg/wk and stay that way for two months at least.

HCG: Start as described in the other post. But I would use longer at 250iu EOD until testes seemed recovered.

Timing: Start the anastrozole and clomid and HCG. Taper off of the clomid. Two weeks after that, taper off of the HCG. Stay on the anastrozole.

Have you gained fat?

I have this same problem.

What is HCG? And how long do I cycle the clomid for? And when do I taper off? Also, here is what I’m gaining from this cycle:

HcG

Wk1- 1000iu/first day, 500iu/rest of week
Wk2- 250iu/EOD
Wk3- 250iu/EOD
Wk4- 250iu/EOD until testes have recovered

Arimidex
Wk1- 1mg/day for 2 days, .5mg/EOD for rest of week
Wk2- .5mg/EOD
Wk3to8 - 1mg/week

Clomid???

Also, how much vitamin E do you inject with the HCG?

You don’t inject it, bud. Get the pills from your local Wal-Mart.

[quote]gundecker wrote:
Also, how much vitamin E do you inject with the HCG?[/quote]

The best reason for you not to be messing with steroids in the first place.

Glad to see we have so many resident endocrinologists on this site.

The first thing you need to ask yourself is if you are planning to do anymore cycles or if you are finished cycling for good.

If you are done for good, then at this stage enlisting medical proffessional help is your best option, not self medicating, as you have already done.

As you see there is several ideas on here surrounding hcg protocols e.t.c. which you are not qualified in anyway to distinguish from.

So go to your Doctor, and get help.

Gotta go with P#22 on this one. Admit you made a mistake and get to your doctor. You’re over 18 so no one else has to know. If you have insurance it’s the smartest AND cheapest solution.