I am interested in taking TRT through my doctor who is an osteopathic physician specializing in human performance, sports medicine and nutrition. While he says my levels are “normal”, I am not interested in being normal. I feel, at this time in my life, I want things to be OPTIMAL. I am not looking for anything super-physiological, but more improved quality of life. My doctor is prescribing me 200mg Test Cyp/week done in two injections IM at 100mg/each for 12 weeks with lab tests every 4 weeks. Then to wrap up, 4 weeks of HcG. I asked him about an AI and he said due to my age and body comp that he didn’t want to do that. I am trying to do this the “right way”. Please feel free to leave your feedback, guidance and opinions. I would appreciate some second opinions as I am VERY NEW to this subject which seems to be a black hole of information/bro-science-as I am doing my best to self-educate.
- have beard, shaved head (thinning a bit), decent chest/stomach hair, decent arm/leg hair
- I typically sit at 9-11% body fat
- No major health implications, non-diabetic
RX or OCT Drugs/Supplements?
- No prescription drugs. I do not drink alcohol. I smoke cannabis for recovery and relaxation.
- Tumeric 700mg, daily
- Nordic Natural Fish Oil 3000mg, daily
- CoQ10 300-400mg, daily
- Alpha Brain, 2-3x/week
- Probiotic 20 billion org, daily
- Vitamin D3/K2 10,000IU, daily
- Magnesium 350mg, daily
- Zinc Picolinate 30mg, daily
Albumin - 4.8g/dL (3.5-5.2)
SHBG - 68.3nmol/L (16.5-55.9)
TEST, total - 487.6ng/dL (241-827)
TEST, free (calc) - 5.9ng/dL (4.6-22.4)
TEST, free % - 1.2 (2.0-3.0)
TEST, bioavailable - 154.0ng/dL (110-575)
-Vitamin D25-OH - 58.5ng/mL (30-100)
-Progesterone - 0.15ng/mL (0.2-1.4)
-IGF-1 - 282ng/mL (90-262)
-LH - 5.69mIU/mL (1.7-8.6)
-Estradiol - 6.5pg/mL (7.63-42.6)
-FSH - 3.38mIU/mL (1.5-12.4)
-Thyroid Panel W/TSH
T4, total - 7.4 ug/dL (4.5-11.7)
T Uptake - 1.0 TBI (0.8-1.3)
TSH-3rd Generation Ultra - 0.548 uIU/mL (0.270-4.20)
Cortisol, random - 7.86 ug/dL (2.30-19.40)
Cholesterol - 219 mg/dL (<200)
Triglycerides - 104 mg/dL (<150)
HDL Cholesterol - 55 mg/dL (>=40)
LDL Cholesterol (calc) - 143 mg/dL (<100)
VLDL Cholesterol (calc) - 21 mg/dL (<42)
Risk Ratio (calc) - 4.0 Ratio (3.9-7.3)
-Mean Blood Glucose - 104.3 g/dL
What does your diet consist of?
- I eat a whole-food diet. Meal Prep contains the following majority of time:
Whey Isolate Protein
MCT Oil/Coconut Oil
Rice - white/wild/red
Bell Peppers (raw/cooked)
Occasional, Ice cream and pie 1-2 times/week
I train 4-6 days/week.
- Westside Conjugate Method (4x)
- Jiujitsu (1-2x)
- Yoga (1x)
- Muay Thai (1x)
- Some HITT methods every now and then
Testicle health is good. No aches or deformities.
How have morning wood and nocturnal erections changed?
- No noticeable changes. Morning wood maybe 1-2/week.