Help a Really Fat Bastard!

well guys, i’ve been researching a lot on this matter “fat loss”, i got the concept, but it’s harder on real life.

i’m 17 years old
i weight 120kg
i´m 1.80m tall
i’ve been training like for 2 years.

I read some articles, and what i found is that if fat loss is desired, then lots of veggies are needed.

my question is, can i divide the protein i need (more than 200gr) in 6 meals, and only eat that with lots of veggies??

i mean, trying not to eat other kind of carb than veggies (except pre and post work out), this will result in low calorie intake, and that’s what i’m looking for.(not real calorie counting)

mmm please help me out guys, i know many of you won’t agree with me, i really want to lose some fucking fat, i started dieting today, but here in mexico going with someone to make a diet for you is really expensive.

I train 4 times a week, if you need more specific stats please askme, i’ll do what you tell me to do.

thanks, and sorry for so many questions, but i really want to lose some fat

If you won’t start doing cardio, and won’t write down everything that you eat, you’ll not gonna get anywhere.
I’m serious, write that shit down along with the nutrient breakdown for each meal. You WILL be shocked what’s in your food.
Now, i know that it gets tricky with a home made food, but you can still do it.
Oh and drop the sodas, completely.

Having your protein spread out evenly throughout the day is a good idea. Also, having fiberous veggies with these meals is also a good idea. So far so good.

Having nothing but protein and fiberous veggies throughout the day though, not a good idea. You would be severly low on cals (200 grams of protein and some veggies… about 1,000 cals.) I would suggest that you add some healthy fats along with meals for a few reasons. To keep your calorie intake higher than 1,000! Going too low on calories will just destroy your metabolism and you’ll hit a fatloss wall. Also, go too low on calories and you’ll feel like a zombie. The extra energy from healthy fats will make you feel alot better. Last, healthy fats are… well, they’re healthy.

Some foods with fats that you can add are Olive Oil, Natty Peanut Butter, Almonds, Walnuts, Fish Oil, Eggs, Coconut Oil and im now drawing a blank… lol.

This is something I do when I diet with no carbs as is just my opinion of where to start. 1.5grams of protein per pound of body weight and .5 grams of fat per pound. It should give you a very rough estimate of where to start.

In order to be helped i must give you as many info as i can.

I live in mexico, and i can’t afford many things, here all kind of meat it’s a litle expensive, and lately i tried to get my protein with whole eggs, beans(they are 20% protein) and some chicken breast.

One week ago i called a group od doctors, and thay made to me a “food plan”, but i honestly see that plan, mmm, i´ll write what i was supossed to eat today

Getting up
150ml of yogurth

Breakfast:
Two “flour tortillas”
30gr of cheese
30 gr of pig jam

Mid morning:
2 slices of integral bread
60gr of turkey breast
1/4 of avocato
200ml of orange juice

Lunch
Veggie soup
120gr of chicken breast
1 cup of veggies
i piece of fruit
100ml of fruit juice

mid evening
150ml of yogurth

dinner:
1 silce of bread
1/2 cup of beans,
30gr of turkey breast

Before bed
1 piece of fruit

that’s all, you get it?m i’m 120 kg, and i really starved today, especially before training.

I know i can get a better “food plan”, pne that actually makes me lose fat without killing my self in the process.

As i mentioned, i want to make a plan, to get my protein form eggs, beans and some chicken breast, and lotssss of veggies.

[quote]jCaesar88 wrote:
If you won’t start doing cardio, and won’t write down everything that you eat, you’ll not gonna get anywhere.
I’m serious, write that shit down along with the nutrient breakdown for each meal. You WILL be shocked what’s in your food.
Now, i know that it gets tricky with a home made food, but you can still do it.
Oh and drop the sodas, completely.[/quote]

thanks for replying, and yes, i started doing some cardio, i train 4 days a week and i do cardio in my off days.

I dropped sodas, junk food. but i really don’t know where to begin

[quote]elusive wrote:
Having your protein spread out evenly throughout the day is a good idea. Also, having fiberous veggies with these meals is also a good idea. So far so good.

Having nothing but protein and fiberous veggies throughout the day though, not a good idea. You would be severly low on cals (200 grams of protein and some veggies… about 1,000 cals.) I would suggest that you add some healthy fats along with meals for a few reasons. To keep your calorie intake higher than 1,000! Going too low on calories will just destroy your metabolism and you’ll hit a fatloss wall. Also, go too low on calories and you’ll feel like a zombie. The extra energy from healthy fats will make you feel alot better. Last, healthy fats are… well, they’re healthy.

Some foods with fats that you can add are Olive Oil, Natty Peanut Butter, Almonds, Walnuts, Fish Oil, Eggs, Coconut Oil and im now drawing a blank… lol.

This is something I do when I diet with no carbs as is just my opinion of where to start. 1.5grams of protein per pound of body weight and .5 grams of fat per pound. It should give you a very rough estimate of where to start.
[/quote]

thanks man, mmm as i mentioned, it’s a little hard to afford here 1.5gr of protein per pound, it will great if you guys give me green light on consuming beans and eggs to get my protein, i can afford like 300gr of chicken breast a day, that here in mexico it’s said that contains 20gr of protein/100gr.

as you all see, i’m clueless

[quote]tuchavito wrote:

30 gr of pig jam

[/quote]

Excuse my ignorance, but what the hell is pig jam?

[quote]tuchavito wrote:

thanks man, mmm as i mentioned, it’s a little hard to afford here 1.5gr of protein per pound, it will great if you guys give me green light on consuming beans and eggs to get my protein, i can afford like 300gr of chicken breast a day, that here in mexico it’s said that contains 20gr of protein/100gr.

[/quote]

You’ve got the green light on eating the eggs. Feel free to mix in as many veggies as you like with them.

What kind of beans and how are you preparing them?

[quote]JN7844 wrote:
tuchavito wrote:

30 gr of pig jam

Excuse my ignorance, but what the hell is pig jam?[/quote]

mmm hell, i think it was my mistake, it was “pork ham”, i don’t know how you call it there, those are slice of the pork or pig

[quote]JN7844 wrote:
tuchavito wrote:

You’ve got the green light on eating the eggs. Feel free to mix in as many veggies as you like with them.

What kind of beans and how are you preparing them?[/quote]
they are “peruvian beans”, and they are just cooked,with some onion, no fat, mmm i think it’s all.

My dad used to be a powerlifter, like 20 years ago, and he toldme that his couch use to tell that beans were great mixed with rice.

well to be more especific, cause i read my post, and i sound a little desesperated, could you guys help me making a diet, you know the meals and timing, i thought i knew something about diets, but somehow i can’t takeit to the practice.

Doc said that i should get my protein from 300-400gr of peruvian beans (60-80gr of protein)

also from eggs and some chicken, he toldme to stay away from milk, cause i’m dieting

First off, congrats on your deciding to lose weight. At 17 years old once you get it all figured out, the weight will start to melt off.

second, I think beans are a great choice because of the protein and fiber content. At 36 years old fiber sorta becomes important. Eggs are also a good way to get in a lot of protein.There are tons of different ways to prepare them, plus they are cheap.

I’m not going to pretend I know exactly how your diet should look, but I thought you could use a little encouragement.

Going to this website is a step in the right direction for some guidance.

[quote]elusive wrote:
Having nothing but protein and fiberous veggies throughout the day though, not a good idea. You would be severly low on cals (200 grams of protein and some veggies… about 1,000 cals.) I would suggest that you add some healthy fats along with meals for a few reasons. To keep your calorie intake higher than 1,000! Going too low on calories will just destroy your metabolism and you’ll hit a fatloss wall. Also, go too low on calories and you’ll feel like a zombie. The extra energy from healthy fats will make you feel alot better. Last, healthy fats are… well, they’re healthy.[/quote]

here some advice that helps a REDICULOUS amount…eating every 2.5 - 3 hours. the reasons all diets have “snacks” in them is for a few things. one being so you don’t get so overly hungry that you fall off the diet and binge and another because the more often you eat the steadier of a pace your metabolism will be at. when you cut food out and try to starve your self your body begins to realize that your not having any nutrients coming in thus it actually begins storing every thing and goes into starvation mode to protect the body causing 0 weight loss. (on a side note if you starve yourself long enough aka anorexia your body will begin to eat itself but highly would not recommend obviously)

Also when im dieting i try to always drink a few glass’s of water before my meal so it partially fills me up and with every snack and meal i always have 1 - 2 cups of veggies. Best veggies are usually green seeing how often the majority make up of green veg is water based. (interesting fact: celery has negative cal. as it takes more calories to eat and digest than they’re worth!) but such veg as carrots have higher natural sugars thus this is why i lean away from fruits and carrots etc.

Again depending how intensive and willing you are to stick to a diet this may or may not be for you. and as far as the above quote i totally agree that you will prolly feel better by eating healthy fats but i disagree that your metabolism will die out if you have to low of a caloric intake. As long as your putting in some sort of nutrients and giving it some to digest your metabolism will always keep going (at least in my experience and i am in the same situation you are)some other great protein is fish like canned tuna works really well.

and as far as your being left hungry well if you can manage to stick to a smaller diet for say a week maybe not even your stomach will shrink and trust me you won’t feel as hungry and even if you are you won’t be able to eat as much as previous months. A key point also is to stop yourself when you feel comfortable…you don’t need to be full to be satisfied just comfortable to the point where that hunger is gone. so even though your diet says eat this much but y our full half way stop!

if your going to eat starches i would highly recommend staying away from breads or any starch that’s refined…stick to potato’s, rice and oat meal as they’ll fill you ALOT better and will digest much better!

for me this diet that i briefly explained above is for a quick weight loss but not a permanent diet obviously you would need to learn proper eating habits and the “does and dont’s” of eating.

Im in very similar situation as you with previously similar stats so if any questions general or specific msg me and ill help ya if i can.

Your metabolism will die. Its part of your biological system for your body to be programmed for survival. The lower your calorie intake, the less energy your body will expend. This means that your metabolism will slow down after at most a week, maybe sooner. You also want to include those fats so your body is used to using the fat for energy. It will learn that its using fat for energy and then burn the excess fat on your body for energy, rather than using your muscle mass.

Also, having more fat on you, your probably not very carb tolerant, therefore you will probably want to stay away from any starch or carbohydrate. As mensioned above, this is not for long term dieting. 6 weeks is a good length for this type of diet, but you need to learn how you need to eat for you body type.

If you include carbs they should be along the lines of vegetables, fruits, and whole grain, slow digesting carbs such as oatmeal. Potatoes are terrible. Yams are much better. Rice isnt terrible but needs to be watched. Instead, eat beans.

I would recommend a plan that looks like this:

breakfast
4 eggs w/ veggies
1/4 avacado

snack
handful of almonds/nuts
protein shake if you can

lunch
120g chicken breast w/ hot sauce, olive oil and 30g cheese
veggies as wanted (i like steamed broccoli with olive oil and salt and pepper)

snack
1 can of tuna/fish (170g w/ water)
veggies
handful of almonds/nuts

Dinner
120g chicken breast
1/4 avacado
veggies

snack/pre-bed
2 tbls natural peanut butter
or
handful of almonds/nuts

NOTE: With each meal, drink water or green tea. Before you start meal consumption drink water will help with fullness. Also, note that each meal should be eaten about 2.5-3 hours apart. If you cannot fit all these meals into your day, distribute the foods among the rest of the meals evenly.

For your training days, do what you normally do if you take a recovery drink or shake, but try to cut back. Also, the meal after the training (should be 1-1.5 hours after) should have those beans in them with veggies and maybe a bit of chicken.

This plan is meant for quick fat loss within a 6 week span. Anything over 6 weeks and you will start to lose muscle. You also need to slowly cycle off this and cant start eating “normal” again immediately after. This will cause all the fat you gained to come back. So you need to slowly bring carbs back in as well as calories, bumping your total calorie intake up about 500 calories every 2 weeks until you reach your maintainance calorie intake (which will be new for you at a lower weight)

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

[quote]bdadam01 wrote:
Your metabolism will die. Its part of your biological system for your body to be programmed for survival. The lower your calorie intake, the less energy your body will expend. This means that your metabolism will slow down after at most a week, maybe sooner. You also want to include those fats so your body is used to using the fat for energy. It will learn that its using fat for energy and then burn the excess fat on your body for energy, rather than using your muscle mass.

Also, having more fat on you, your probably not very carb tolerant, therefore you will probably want to stay away from any starch or carbohydrate. As mensioned above, this is not for long term dieting. 6 weeks is a good length for this type of diet, but you need to learn how you need to eat for you body type.

If you include carbs they should be along the lines of vegetables, fruits, and whole grain, slow digesting carbs such as oatmeal. Potatoes are terrible. Yams are much better. Rice isnt terrible but needs to be watched. Instead, eat beans.

I would recommend a plan that looks like this:

breakfast
4 eggs w/ veggies
1/4 avacado

snack
handful of almonds/nuts
protein shake if you can

lunch
120g chicken breast w/ hot sauce, olive oil and 30g cheese
veggies as wanted (i like steamed broccoli with olive oil and salt and pepper)

snack
1 can of tuna/fish (170g w/ water)
veggies
handful of almonds/nuts

Dinner
120g chicken breast
1/4 avacado
veggies

snack/pre-bed
2 tbls natural peanut butter
or
handful of almonds/nuts

NOTE: With each meal, drink water or green tea. Before you start meal consumption drink water will help with fullness. Also, note that each meal should be eaten about 2.5-3 hours apart. If you cannot fit all these meals into your day, distribute the foods among the rest of the meals evenly.

For your training days, do what you normally do if you take a recovery drink or shake, but try to cut back. Also, the meal after the training (should be 1-1.5 hours after) should have those beans in them with veggies and maybe a bit of chicken.

This plan is meant for quick fat loss within a 6 week span. Anything over 6 weeks and you will start to lose muscle. You also need to slowly cycle off this and cant start eating “normal” again immediately after. This will cause all the fat you gained to come back. So you need to slowly bring carbs back in as well as calories, bumping your total calorie intake up about 500 calories every 2 weeks until you reach your maintainance calorie intake (which will be new for you at a lower weight)

Let me know what you think :)[/quote]

well, shit man!!, wow this is what i’m looking for, that’s really nice, and i can afford it, thanks man, i’ll give it a shot, i’ll start tomorrow or friday, just to get all i need (food, protein shake, veggies).

how much weight should i lost a week?, to make sure i’m not loosing too fast or losing muscle.

Thanks a lot man

One question, with this plan, should i do cardio, if yes what kind?, i train 4 days a week, 3 exercises a day, 3x5, squat, deadlifts, bench press, jump chin ups, bb rows and military press, 3 exercises on mon,and other 3 tuesday, then repeat thursday and friday.

thanks man

[quote]Kalil wrote:
elusive wrote:

here some advice that helps a REDICULOUS amount…eating every 2.5 - 3 hours. the reasons all diets have “snacks” in them is for a few things. one being so you don’t get so overly hungry that you fall off the diet and binge and another because the more often you eat the steadier of a pace your metabolism will be at. when you cut food out and try to starve your self your body begins to realize that your not having any nutrients coming in thus it actually begins storing every thing and goes into starvation mode to protect the body causing 0 weight loss. (on a side note if you starve yourself long enough aka anorexia your body will begin to eat itself but highly would not recommend obviously)

Also when im dieting i try to always drink a few glass’s of water before my meal so it partially fills me up and with every snack and meal i always have 1 - 2 cups of veggies. Best veggies are usually green seeing how often the majority make up of green veg is water based. (interesting fact: celery has negative cal. as it takes more calories to eat and digest than they’re worth!) but such veg as carrots have higher natural sugars thus this is why i lean away from fruits and carrots etc.

Again depending how intensive and willing you are to stick to a diet this may or may not be for you. and as far as the above quote i totally agree that you will prolly feel better by eating healthy fats but i disagree that your metabolism will die out if you have to low of a caloric intake. As long as your putting in some sort of nutrients and giving it some to digest your metabolism will always keep going (at least in my experience and i am in the same situation you are)some other great protein is fish like canned tuna works really well.

and as far as your being left hungry well if you can manage to stick to a smaller diet for say a week maybe not even your stomach will shrink and trust me you won’t feel as hungry and even if you are you won’t be able to eat as much as previous months. A key point also is to stop yourself when you feel comfortable…you don’t need to be full to be satisfied just comfortable to the point where that hunger is gone. so even though your diet says eat this much but y our full half way stop!

if your going to eat starches i would highly recommend staying away from breads or any starch that’s refined…stick to potato’s, rice and oat meal as they’ll fill you ALOT better and will digest much better!

for me this diet that i briefly explained above is for a quick weight loss but not a permanent diet obviously you would need to learn proper eating habits and the “does and dont’s” of eating.

Im in very similar situation as you with previously similar stats so if any questions general or specific msg me and ill help ya if i can.[/quote]

and as i’m trying to lose weight i’ll do whatever it takes, no sodas, no bread, no junk food (i’m serious), no losing training sessions, and of course, doing what you guys tell me to.

thanks for your advices guys, i really apreciatte your help, and i won’t letyou down, neither me, this is a battle, and i really wanna fightit

sorry for my not so good english

[quote]steve.rt wrote:
First off, congrats on your deciding to lose weight. At 17 years old once you get it all figured out, the weight will start to melt off.

second, I think beans are a great choice because of the protein and fiber content. At 36 years old fiber sorta becomes important. Eggs are also a good way to get in a lot of protein.There are tons of different ways to prepare them, plus they are cheap.

I’m not going to pretend I know exactly how your diet should look, but I thought you could use a little encouragement.

Going to this website is a step in the right direction for some guidance.[/quote]

thanks man, and yes, T-Nation is the best web, i’ve been reading it’s articles like since 2 years, i was totally a newbie, and thanks to the articles and specially the forums i’ve gathered some knowledge.

thanks for the advices and motivation

pretty much got the diet down…hopefully you’ll succeed…and making a log will actually be really helpful in finding out what your body responds too…and your beans are good just dont load up on them too much because they do have carbs…but yeah follow that diet and keep us updated…best of luck

Yeah I agree with the previous post. Try to keep a log and see if it helps you. For training, try heavy lifting with low reps monday teusday, then try higher volume lifting thursday friday (meaning using less weight for more reps, but still a good amount of weight). Your program looks good if total body workouts work for you (they work for me too so i like them).

When I am on a similar diet, I dont weigh myself until the end. This is for a few reasons. One, so that if im not losing as much as I want I dont continue to drop my calories so I lose weight, but really lose the muscle. Two, you can gain water weight some days, which would be days you eat carbs after lifting. You can fluctuate daily in your weight, and possibly even gain muscle mass. I gained about 3-4 pounds of lean body mass when I was on a similar diet. But a general rule is you need to look at body fat lost, which should be around 0.5%-1% per week. So if your at 20%, after 6 weeks you should be around 14%.

Dont go crazy though and try to extend this diet. You need to cycle off for a bit, then go back on after a few weeks if you desire to lose more. Otherwise you will lose your muscle.

Yes, you can do cardio. Do not over do it though especially on a diet like this. I do cardio on this type of diet, but maybe 3 times a week. The best cardio would be interval training, HIIT if you have ever heard of it. You sprint for a little, then jog for a little, then sprint, and so on. But I just take a run in the mornings for 30 minutes. See what works for you.

sorry for the late reply guys, mmm i had a problem, a friend of mine got really sick, and mmm passed out.

thanks for your advices guys, i’ve already started the diet, i feel really good, and i see that it will be a long track, but i’ll make it to the end. i will keep a log, training and food.

just one question guys, in matter of size, how much should i hope to lose, i mean clothe size, i know weigth will drop, but i care more about sizes.

and keep posting guys, everything is really usefull