T Nation

Help, 17 Yrs Old

17 years old and looking to get on some gear? what do you guys think.

I think you should stay in school and don’t do drugs…

…until you get to college.

I think you’re probably a troll. But if you’re not you’re just a dumb kid that needs to be told “Absolutely not” by people that actually have a clue what they’re talking about. So, with that:

Absolutely not.

When I was your age I though about it to. All the information wasn’t has as easy available. instead of bashing you or just telling you no. I will let you know why it’s a bad idea.

google natural test levels by age. and you will see that at your age your levels are spiking. It’s the reason you get pimples a bonner in class for no reason at all. You have a short temper some times. if you want to pack on some muscle I would just hit the gym eat 6 healthy meals a day and get 8 - 10 hours of sleep a night. the only sup I would tell you to get is protien and if your eating right you don’t even need that. save your money for the girls.

According to the Mayo Clinic, testosterone levels are at their highest during adolescence and early adulthood (Mayo Clinic, 2012). The first physical signs of testosterone, or androgens, in the body are apparent during puberty. A boy?s voice changes, his shoulders broaden, and his facial structure becomes more masculine. But as men get older, their testosterone levels decline about one percent a year after age 30.
Male

Its probably true that most elite level bodybuilders began using in their teens and lo, they didnt die or become impotent.

However you need to seriously consider the fact that you will be taking injections for the rest of your life and may develop fertility problems as a result.

If the above is not an impediment to you now, or not likely to become a regret in the future then in all honesty go nuts, but do your own research as not many people here are gonna throw a cycle together for you or help you with sources in any way.

In addition your training philosophy will probably suffer. Its unlikely you have a well developed training/diet methodology at your age, which is essential for optimal use of these drugs. If you don’t know how to lift or diet now, then using drugs will impede your ability to truly gauge how well your body responds to certain training and dietary protocols and this ability and experience is invaluable to a successful bodybuilding lifestyle

[quote]c.m.l. wrote:
However you need to seriously consider the fact that you will be taking injections for the rest of your life and may develop fertility problems as a result.

If the above is not an impediment to you now, or not likely to become a regret in the future then in all honesty go nuts[/quote]

Realistically, what 17 year old would know if fertility is an impediment or not? What you want when you’re 17 and what you want when you’re 30 may well be very different things.

at his age, testosterone SHOULD be spiking…(key word is “should”)

that doesn’t mean it is… he could have very low natural testosterone levels, in which case TRT would be prudent…

but that’s rarely the case.

also, there has never been a case of permanent infertility from steroid use

So then What he should start of is getting some blood work done and finding out where he stands.

[quote]Josek10 wrote:
17 years old and looking to get on some gear? what do you guys think. [/quote]

You already have gear. It’s called being 17! Your test leveld are elevating and you have enough natural testosterone to grow

Eat, lift, sleep…Grow!!!