Hello, Let Me Introduce Myself

Hi, i am Ishtar from Montreal, i am 56 and I am very dedicated to my training and my nutrition. I’m a real science nerd and devour a lot of the medical and scientific literature. As a day job, I work as a naturopath.

I’ve always trained, especially bodyweight and running but about 10 years ago I started weightlifting. For more than a year now I’ve been training with an olympic weightlifting coach 3 times weekly.

I’m very proud of the home gym I built from scratch. My projects are to eventually get my hands on a glute-ham raise, a reverse hyper and of course a proper olympic weightlifting set.

I got very sick last April and lost quite alot of mass. I’m trying very hard to gain it back.

I’m very excited to be part of T-Nation.

I’m gonna try and post a video of me doing 10 deadhang pullups…I’m kinda proud of that one!!

Best recent lifts:
Front squat: 50 kilos
Back squat: 54.5 kilos
Deadlift (clean starting position): 66 kilos
Clean: 45 kilos

Thanks!

Hi, I’m jealous that you have a lifting platform in your own home gym.

Hey Ishtar, who do you train with?

Hi Tomachiken, i am very grateful to my son who built my lifting platform.

Hi Dianab, i mostly train at home alone which i found difficult, i haven’t been to the gym lately because i have injured my left arm so i can’t do olympic lifts until it heals.

[quote]IshtarK wrote:
Hi Dianab, i mostly train at home alone which i found difficult, i haven’t been to the gym lately because i have injured my left arm so i can’t do olympic lifts until it heals.[/quote]

No, I mean who is your coach in Montreal, you mentioned you are going 3 times a week (before your injury maybe).

Hi, My coach name is Evgueni . Are you from Montreal?

Yes, I am. I was just wondering who you train with and at which gym, aside from your home set-up. I’m at Pro-Gym in Hochelaga