Huh? 1 + 1.5 does equal 2.5[/quote]

That’s my fault lol… I meant 1+.5 can’t equal 2.5…lol

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:
if it takes 1 and 1 to make 2, how could 1 and 1.5 make 2.5?[/quote]

That’s my fault lol… I meant 1+.5 can’t equal 2.5…lol[/quote]

Either way have you not heard of people growing into shows? (losing bodyfat but staying the same weight or increasing weight going into shows)

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

Either way have you not heard of people growing into shows? (losing bodyfat but staying the same weight or increasing weight going into shows)[/quote]

Don’t forget a lot of those guys are using PEDs.

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

Either way have you not heard of people growing into shows? (losing bodyfat but staying the same weight or increasing weight going into shows)[/quote]

Not to send this thread into the inevitable tail spin that will occur from this comment… But, “growing into a show” isn’t for nattys.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

Not to send this thread into the inevitable tail spin that will occur from this comment… But, “growing into a show” isn’t for nattys.[/quote]

Indeed. Nattys typically drop 20-30 lbs for a show.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

Not to send this thread into the inevitable tail spin that will occur from this comment… But, “growing into a show” isn’t for nattys.[/quote]

How far out are we talking? I’m doing a bit of a recomp right now at 9 weeks out. While I don’t expect myself to realistically gain more than a half lb of muscle…if that, I think “growing into the show” is a great mentality to have regardless. Don’t sacrifice intensity due to caloric deficit (with the exception of final weeks of course when you just need to make sure you’re not injuring yourself by being stupid.)

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

How far out are we talking? I’m doing a bit of a recomp right now at 9 weeks out. While I don’t expect myself to realistically gain more than a half lb of muscle…if that, I think “growing into the show” is a great mentality to have regardless. Don’t sacrifice intensity due to caloric deficit (with the exception of final weeks of course when you just need to make sure you’re not injuring yourself by being stupid.)[/quote]

Oh it is a great mentality to have but to think that you’ll weigh the same on contest day that you do right now while being considerably leaner (growing into the show) isn’t very realistic if you are unassisted IMO.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

How far out are we talking? I’m doing a bit of a recomp right now at 9 weeks out. While I don’t expect myself to realistically gain more than a half lb of muscle…if that, I think “growing into the show” is a great mentality to have regardless. Don’t sacrifice intensity due to caloric deficit (with the exception of final weeks of course when you just need to make sure you’re not injuring yourself by being stupid.)[/quote]

Oh it is a great mentality to have but to think that you’ll weigh the same on contest day that you do right now while being considerably leaner (growing into the show) isn’t very realistic if you are unassisted IMO.[/quote]

Even being assisted, unless you STARTED your prep really lean, it is unlikely to be able to get into CONTEST condition and actually gain weight in the process…

^^very true.

When guys get lean (the right way) they actually LOOK bigger than they are. In the endeavor of BBing weight is mostly irrelevant. It’s all about the look.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

Oh it is a great mentality to have but to think that you’ll weigh the same on contest day that you do right now while being considerably leaner (growing into the show) isn’t very realistic if you are unassisted IMO.[/quote]

Honestly I have no expectations as far as bodyweight…just gonna try to whittle away and look better each week while keeping carbs as high as possible.

Nobody cares what you weigh at a show. If you don’t have enough muscle 12 weeks out…you won’t have enough come show time.

Getting shredded as fuarkkkk is the goal

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]bigslickmelter wrote:
I think it’s important to accept too that if you are putting on more than two pounds a month then you are just getting fat plain and simple! [/quote]

This would be false…unless you are now claiming no human can gain more than this in a month ever.

Your body grows in spurts…and expecting ONLY muscle gain will lead to most people not making much progress.

[/quote]

^

Thanks X. You see so many guys terrified of losing their 6 pack but still trying to gain weight. This results in…zero results lol.[/quote]

So you are saying in order to get results you need to get fat? lol (Endomorph detected)

[quote]Matias A. wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

I think it’s important to accept too that if you are putting on more than two pounds a month then you are just getting fat plain and simple! [/quote]

This would be false…unless you are now claiming no human can gain more than this in a month ever.

Your body grows in spurts…and expecting ONLY muscle gain will lead to most people not making much progress.

[/quote]

^

Thanks X. You see so many guys terrified of losing their 6 pack but still trying to gain weight. This results in…zero results lol.[/quote]

So you are saying in order to get results you need to get fat? lol (Endomorph detected)[/quote]

That isn’t what he wrote…and you can see very well in his pictures that he is far from fat.

Why take the discussion there when clearly no one saying this?

[quote]Matias A. wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[/quote]

^

So you are saying in order to get results you need to get fat? lol (Endomorph detected)[/quote]

That isn’t what he wrote…and you can see very well in his pictures that he is far from fat.

Why take the discussion there when clearly no one saying this?[/quote]

Lol…Thanks X. Does it begin to feel like you and I are acting as the Stupid Police…or is that just me…

Matias,

I am simply saying that unless you are advanced in the game…already having achieved considerable lean mass, AND you stay lean year round…making real gains comes with some accumulation of bf. Not to the point of being “fat”, but no you will not be ripped if you are truly packing on the mass. For instance, I starting cutting a week ago. I was 215, about 15% bf. I def am not “fat” lol, but at the moment I am surely not shredded. HOWEVER, when I reach my desired bf level for this cut, I will have more lean mass than I did before I started bulking in the fall and getting “fat”.

[quote]gregron wrote:
^^very true.

When guys get lean (the right way) they actually LOOK bigger than they are. In the endeavor of BBing weight is mostly irrelevant. It’s all about the look.[/quote]

Well put. When we are cut up, people almost always assume we weigh much more than we currently do. The illusion of being bigger due to low bf levels.

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
^^very true.

When guys get lean (the right way) they actually LOOK bigger than they are. In the endeavor of BBing weight is mostly irrelevant. It’s all about the look.[/quote]

Well put. When we are cut up, people almost always assume we weigh much more than we currently do. The illusion of being bigger due to low bf levels.[/quote]

It’s a much greater impact the more muscle you carry.

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

Indeed. Nattys typically drop 20-30 lbs for a show. [/quote]

OH GAWH.
haha I figured it was implied i was referring to the post below… about people being able to gain muscle and lose bodyfat on drugs…

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]Later_Z wrote:
Well, Depends if anabolics are used or not. But naturally I agree with BIGSLICK. But that’s just my opinion, do whatever you desire[/quote]

Even if anabolics are involved, it is literally impossible to gain weight on a caloric deficit. if it takes 1 and 1 to make 2, how could 1 and 1.5 make 2.5?[/quote]