T Nation

Hello Everyone!

Hey everyone!
im akshay from mumbai india.i have been on this site for a while and was just a reader till now.so here a bit about myself.

age-23 years young!
height-5’10"
weight-80kgs.
goal-to cut.
body fat %-25!

dont use any steroids and supplements mainly cuz i cant afford any!but i plan on changing that soon!

years in training-i have been training for a few months and have brought down my body fat from 30 to 25.but im not new to the gym.

but i still have a lot to learn and thats why im here.just want to say that the information over here on this site is mindblowing as its from real people and not from overweight scientists doing lab experiments!

currently i do a lot of bodyweight exercises in supersets,also use weights.i workout three times a week and HIIT three times a week too.my diet is pretty clean but the only problem is that i used to be a vegetarian and recently turned back to eating meat.

heres where i need your help.i have no idea what type cooked meat is good for building muscle!i would appreciate some suggestions and if possible some dishes which could help me diet!

any help would be greatly appreciated!apart from that anything else i can help you out with outside the gym all you have to do is pm me.thanks in advance!

Turkey, Beef, and Chicken. Grilled or baked. Use healthy oils for cooking.

I’m not a good cook, so I don’t know specific recipes.

Not sure if you can get it over there but kangaroo meat is extremly high in protein and very low in fat.

thanks for the help.i can manage turkey and chicken grilled over here.but wont find any kangaroo here for sure.

can you guys tell me how much oil one should consume.also is it ok to use spices?

thanks.

Mrs. Dash salt-free is great to spice up any food. Olive oil and coconut oil are the only ones I use. Butter sometimes also. How much to use? Enough to cook your food properly lol.

My main staples ground beef (rinsed off after cooking), ground turkey, chicken breasts, whole eggs and fish sometimes (sushi).

Since you’re cutting some, you’re going to have to limit carbs and eat more good fats like raw nuts (almonds,walnuts), shots of light tasting olive oil or drizzled on foods and things like avocados also.

You should look into EDT as I heard it’s great for fat loss also while maintaining or even improving muscle mass.

yeah,i do eat a lot of healthy fats such as dry fruits but i limit it.i use flax seed oil too.how the hell did i miss out on fish!i eat a lot of sprouts too.

what is EDT?

[quote]akshay317 wrote:
yeah,i do eat a lot of healthy fats such as dry fruits…[/quote]

You do realize that fruits (with the exception of avacados and olives) are almost completely devoid of fat, right?

Oh, and EDT stands for escalating density training. It’s a training program by Charles Staley. You can find two of his articles about it here:

thanks I’ll check that out.

[quote]ctschneider wrote:
akshay317 wrote:
yeah,i do eat a lot of healthy fats such as dry fruits…

You do realize that fruits (with the exception of avacados and olives) are almost completely devoid of fat, right?[/quote]

yes i do.and i try to eat fat as much as is required,the healthy fats i mean.thanks for the info by the by.