Hello and Introduction. Tips/Help for 16 Y/O

Humour opens the door, confidence gets you inside!

Whoops, wrong thread!

Hey man don’t worry, advice anywhere is welcome! Just today I was talking to a group of 10-15 lads in the year below and a bunch of 4 girls came up to the group and said hello.

Yeah pullups are great, good luck!

I am currently serving and a friend has just done Sandhurst , in all honesty running 1.5 mile time in particular will be mega important , also tabbing with weight will be a big one for you , I would put emphasis on those two things and throw in some gym sessions around that training . as an officer you are expected to be at the front in PT sessions so they will expect very high running fitness . hopenthis helps

I have the Army Fit app on my iPhone and I am doing the runs on there as well as the other exercises. I have a 65L army rucksack (not a bergen) so I could do tabbing (which I guess is running with weight). What weight would you suggest I do to start?

I wouldn’t run with the weight mate tabbing is fast walking for long distance , try 15kilos for a four mile aim to do it in around the hour mark nothing too fast to start, then start upping the miles along with the weight to about twenty kilos , if your going infantry i think its 25kg your expected to carry ,so just build it up , remember to do it in boots as that’s what will be required once your in, its a big difference from trainers so take it easy at first.