Hell Is Real And Souls Go There

There are many, many people who will end up in Hell unless they have a conversion. Even some of the posters on these t-boards here. Flame away if you would like, yet the ignore button is an awesome feature on these boards! ; )

I imagine hell as being stuck in the Politics and World Issues forum for eternity, with no decent political discussions to be had, but every fifteen minutes another thread featuring a Vortex video gets posted.

ATTENTION Chris Shugart, LOWFAT MATT, MODERATORS AND TIM PATTERSON!!!

Would it be too much to ask to create a new off-topic sub forum for all of the creation-versus-evolution threads, the abortion-versus-life threads, the you-are-going-to-hell threads and all other religious-themed threads that don’t have at least a tangential relationship to politics or world events?

I would suggest them being shuttled over to the “Get a Life” forum, but that seems a bit harsh in its implications.

Kneedragger, you know I love you, man, and far be it from me to want to silence you, but I really think you need a little place of your own.

Which hell, and which religion or subset of that religion does one have to convert to? Should I convert to ALL religions just to be sure?
Should I start threatening my daughter with hell as well?

A man is sentenced to Hell for all eternity. But first he gets an intake interview with Satan.
Satan says, “Well, considering you sins, I can give you your choice of 3 punishments.”
“Fine” says the man, “show me.”
Behind Door #1, Satan shows men and women standing on their heads on a wooden floor. “Must hurt,” thought the damned soul.
Behind Door #2, Satan shows men and women standing on their heads on a concrete floor. “Worse,” thought the damned soul.
At last, Satan shows what’s behind Door #3: Men and women up to their knees in shit, but drinking coffee.

“Well, that’s not so bad for an eternity,” thinks the damned soul. And he says to Satan, " I will take Door #3."

“Very well,” says Satan as he admits the man through Door #3, and yells out, “OK, suckers, coffee break is over. Back on your heads!”

[quote]espenl wrote:
Which hell, and which religion or subset of that religion does one have to convert to? Should I convert to ALL religions just to be sure?
Should I start threatening my daughter with hell as well?[/quote]

Will you threaten her with no presents from Julenissen if she disobeys?

Because that’s how it starts, you know.

Lump of coal for bad children becomes roasting over eternal coals for bad adults.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

Lump of coal for bad children becomes roasting over eternal coals for bad adults. [/quote]

I hope it doesnt have to come to threats, but at least Julenissen is something one naturally stops believing in as one ages :slight_smile:

[quote]espenl wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

Lump of coal for bad children becomes roasting over eternal coals for bad adults. [/quote]

I hope it doesnt have to come to threats, but at least Julenissen is something one naturally stops believing in as one ages :)[/quote]

But surely you can see the parallels.

The child is taught from a very early age that an omniscient, supernatural being (Julenissen, Sinterklaas, Father Christmas, what have you) is watching her every move, and will reward or punish her depending on whether she’s on the “naughty” or “nice” list.

Parents say that Instillng this belief is just for fun, but what is it if not behavior control through psychological use of carrot and stick? Fear of punishment versus anticipation of reward, both of which are to be doled out by a magical being?

And as you can probably imagine, some children never outgrow this belief.

Ha! So according to Pitt’s video, Espenl is actually closer to Hell than most of us here.

And currently it is freezing over :slight_smile:

My idea of Hell would be having to spend it with Obese Diabetic Christian Retards who believe in this shit to begin with ; )

Which bring me to point two. If a persons idea of Heaven is the utter obliviation of all mankind through their hands, sniper rifle
axe decapitations, bled out slowly from a rusty knife, then is that a possibility. Since it is THEIR idea of Heaven ? Isnt it YOUR idea
of heaven that you are supposed to get to go to, for living a “just and richious” life to begin with ?

Anyway…just thinking as I am typing.

[quote]kneedragger79 wrote:
There are many, many people who will end up in Hell unless they have a conversion. Even some of the posters on these t-boards here. Flame away if you would like, yet the ignore button is an awesome feature on these boards! ; )

LOL. Till the day I die and meet the big man in the sky I will never understand this.

"My God is the most righteous and loving and forgiving God amongst them all. He loves all his children/creations unabashedly, he sent down his only son (yet we’re all supposedly his children) to teach us his ways. BUT…BUT if you ever, for one second, question his existence, or the life he chose for you, you will spend all eternity in Hell.

Why did he even bother creating curiosity?

[quote]killerDIRK wrote:
My idea of Hell would be having to spend it with Obese Diabetic Christian Retards who believe in this shit to begin with ; )

Which bring me to point two. If a persons idea of Heaven is the utter obliviation of all mankind through their hands, sniper rifle
axe decapitations, bled out slowly from a rusty knife, then is that a possibility. Since it is THEIR idea of Heaven ? Isnt it YOUR idea
of heaven that you are supposed to get to go to, for living a “just and richious” life to begin with ?

Anyway…just thinking as I am typing.[/quote]

Try thinking first, and then typing.

Tends to work better.

:slight_smile:

Why those who understand science aren’t afraid of going to Hell:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:
[/quote]

How do you know that curiosity isn’t a creation of the Devil?

By the way… if curiosity killed the cat, did uncertainty kill Schroedinger’s cat?

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

[quote]kneedragger79 wrote:

LOL. Till the day I die and meet the big man in the sky I will never understand this.

"My God is the most righteous and loving and forgiving God amongst them all. He loves all his children/creations unabashedly, he sent down his only son (yet we’re all supposedly his children) to teach us his ways. BUT…BUT if you ever, for one second, question his existence, or the life he chose for you, you will spend all eternity in Hell.

[/quote]

How do you know that curiosity isn’t a creation of the Devil?

By the way… if curiosity killed the cat, did uncertainty kill Schroedinger’s cat?
[/quote]

Parents say that Instillng this belief is just for fun, but what is it if not behavior control through psychological use of carrot and stick? Fear of punishment versus anticipation of reward, both of which are to be doled out by a magical being?

Varqanir, isn’t this just capitalism?

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Why does this vex you so much that you are inclined to plead for de facto censorship?

Does your keyboard somehow overpower your will not to click on a thread?

Does your mind tell you you are destined for Hell if you don’t read every thread?[/quote]

Not censorship. Just reclassification.

Of the top ten threads on the PWI forum right now, five of them are Kneedragger Vortex threads.

Only one of them has arguably anything to do with politics, and only one other (the one about the 13-year-old African girl who was raped by her father and two brothers and gave birth to stillborn triplets–presumably each fathered by one of her assailants) having to do with a world event.

I say if a thread has to do with religion as it applies to political discourse, then put it here. Otherwise, either put it in Get a Life, or make a new section for all such threads.

As for a name for such a subsection, I humbly suggest “Get an Eternal Life”.