T Nation

Height Range for Low Pulls

what is the range of acceptable height for these?

[quote]domcib wrote:

what is the range of acceptable height for these?
[/quote]

I do not like to think in terms of height… technically simply by shrugging a pulling a bit with your arms you can reach an acceptable low pull height (above navel). But it doesn’t mean that the movement is good. The key is exploding with the lower body to produce the momentum to propel the bar upwards. As long as you feel that your lower body produces a lot of power during the launch, you are fine.

But if you need to know. Ideally we shoot for mid-stomach.

i did them the other day for the first time. i focused on using everything but pulling with the arms.
kind of , whereever it pops , it pops.
im asking to see wht height would be considered " an acceptable lift" .
i gotta try real hard this season to not overdo it.
i’m 55, been lifting on and off since im 15. and , i have never, ever , found a training system that does what yours does.
that being said
i do not want to fuck it up.
it will be hard a little lter down the road,. to stay in “not overdo mode” , but i , will try real hard to execute some self discipline.

so, is just above the nvel considered a “lift”’, or mid abdomen is the least acceptable?

[quote]domcib wrote:
i did them the other day for the first time. i focused on using everything but pulling with the arms.
kind of , whereever it pops , it pops.
im asking to see wht height would be considered " an acceptable lift" .
i gotta try real hard this season to not overdo it.
i’m 55, been lifting on and off since im 15. and , i have never, ever , found a training system that does what yours does.
that being said
i do not want to fuck it up.
it will be hard a little lter down the road,. to stay in “not overdo mode” , but i , will try real hard to execute some self discipline.

so, is just above the nvel considered a “lift”’, or mid abdomen is the least acceptable?[/quote]

Thanks for the good words! Anything between 1" above navel up to mid-abdomen is acceptable.