Heavy Singles + Complexes

Hi

Some days ago I was thinking about making a little challenge every workout. For example 30 deadlifts of 100 kg as fast as possible just to increase volume and have some fun. Some time after that I found your article on heavy singles and programming them from daily maxes seemed to be more reasonable.

Here is what i would like to do.
3 times a week

1st
military press/push press/muscle snatch (havent decided yet) 1rm
80% signles 10 minutes amrap or 30 singles
olympic back squat 1rm
bear complex intensity and volume depend on fatigue
additional arm work

2nd
paused olympic back squat 1 rm
barbell rows AMRAP 5-10 minutes, weight varies from workout to workout
push ups AMRAP (can’t do bench press/floor press)
additional arm work

3rd
military press/push press/muscle snatch (havent decided yet) 1rm
85% singles in 10 minutes or 20-25 singles (i probably pick the same exercise like in 1st training day, % of singles will give some variety)
deadlift 1rm
70% singles in 10 minutes or 30 singles
bear complex intensity and volume depend on fatigue
additional arm work

I would like to know your opinion about it. In rest days i will try to aply some sprints,light running or light barbell work but now my left hamstring is bugging me. Due to hamstring injury my 1rep maxes for some time are going to be very safe picked.
In case if some details are needed. 25yo, lifting 6 years, 85kg BW, maxes from almost 2 years ago:
deadlift 240 kg,
squat 185 kg,
push press 125 kg,
push press btn 130 kg.
bench press 140 kg

Right now im a bit behind but not so much (a few injuries happened). I train at home so I have just weights, olympic barbell and racks.

Sorry for my english.

If all you are after is “just to increase volume and have some fun” you can do whatever the hell you want. I say try your plan and if you are not having fun, switch to something else. If not enough volume, do more fun stuff. Of course, if you burn out you might have to change your plan then too.

It startet from an idea of adding challenge to have some fun but i want to improve strength (i should have said that earlier). Almost 6 years i trained using linear progression and i think it is great but i want to give other kind of plan a few months just to see what its like.