TL;DR: Had trouble with heavy post injection soreness and fever / test flu. Adding additional benzyl benzoate to the solution fixed it. Though i can’t recommend trying to work on contamined gear (swollen/red injection sites), if soreness and flu-like symptoms are the only issue your gear might be saveable with a little more BB!
so basically, i ran out of home-brewed gear (Test E) on cycle and had to brew up a new batch. While i had no PIP whatsoever on the previous one, I’m now experiencing massive soreness and test flu symptoms after shots. The flu/fever/soreness set in about 6-8 hours after injection, and can get REALLY bad (as in, 2 thicccc blankets on a guy who usually sleeps with none. can no longer squat or even bend the knee over 90 degrees due to intense pain while stretching). Fever lasts for roughly a day, while the soreness lasts roughly 4-5 days. As i inject twice a week (left and right leg, vastus lateralis) this has massively crippled my leg workouts - one leg is always too sore to work out properly. The injection sites look normal (no inflammation, no lumps, no swelling), though applying pressure hurts due to the soreness. I always follow sterile prodecure and use 25g needles for injection. Before injection, i warm up the solution to slightly over room temperature. There are no noticable crystals in the solution.
I followed the same protocol while brewing, that is: Dissolve Test E powder in BB+BA+grapeseed oil under heat, run through size 0.22 syringe filters into pre-sealed, pre-sterilized vials. I think i used the same recipe, which is:
~60ml oil, to get to 100ml of solution
15ml BB (might have used 20 on previous batch)
3ml BA (might have used 2 on previous batch)
-> 100ml of 250mg/ml
All of the ingredients are taken from the same batch as on the previous brew, roughly half a year old and have been stored at room temperature.
I had an appendectomy 3 weeks ago, which is roughly when i switched between the brews (had 1 more shot of the old brew afterwards). Not sure if this could have an effect.
Figured the symptoms might eventually go away once i get used to it, but since this has been going on for 3 weeks now… any ideas? Help is much appreciated!
Edit: Turns out the recipe used on the current batch calls for 50% grapeseed oil, 50% ethyl oleate. EO apparently acts as a solvent, and the quantity of BB was already lower to begin with. Though i can’t see visible crystals, i might add some additional BB to each vial. Let’s see if i can fix this mess.
Edit 2: I added 4ml of sterile 50:50 GSO/BA mixture to each 20ml vial, bringing the BB concentration up from 15% to slightly under 25% while dropping the Test E concentration to ~200mg/ml. Reheated to 80°C, shook for a couple minutes, let cool down and did a shot. Last couple injections had a feeling of ‘pressure’ to them, this one went very smooth. In fact, it took only half the time even though i used an additional 0.4ml to make up for the lower test concentration. Will report back tonight on soreness/fever.
Edit 3: 12 hours after the injection, the usual fever did not come up at all. Injection site became slightly sore after 6-8 hours, but it’s already getting better and nowhere near as crippling. Can bend the leg no problemo. Problem solved!