Heavy Metal Thread (and Associated Genres)

Bruce mentioned a European tour next year at a recent event I saw him at. I’m not sure if that means a world tour or not.

They usually do a Eurpoean then extend to world … but that’s in a usual world … we aren’t in such a thing :frowning:

1 Like

Just listened to this.
Sounds a lot more like “Classic” style Maiden.

This album is going to kick ass.

2 Likes

Yes. I think they’re going back to their roots and sprinkling in some bluesy influences while they’re at it. I can’t wait for the full album to drop.

1 Like

I have discovered Meshuggah.

That is all.

5 Likes

Made me think of this.

After you discover Meshuggah, nothing else is really the same anymore

1 Like
3 Likes

Listened to this album during my workout yesterday. It kicks ass.

I’m on the death of the celts … haven’t had a chance to sit and listen all the way through yet but have liked what I heard …

2 Likes

That’s some good shit … I really dig AAL

Is anyone else severely disappointed with Colors II?

I personally wasn’t a fan of anything BTBAM did after Alaska, but the hype around Colors, and now Colors II got me excited. It just seems like such a let down. It kind of reminds me of a try-hard the dear hunter mixed with flashes of what BTBAM used to be.

The difference between this

And this

is crazy to me. Cool that they recently remixed the self titled and silent circus though, they sound pretty good but I still think I prefer the old versions.

Fuck yeah it does. Bruce hasn’t sounded this good since the early 2000’s. He’s hitting pitch immediately instead of ramping up like he did on the last 4-5 albums. The rest of the band is game tight like always and the writing style is a combo of old school Maiden and Brave New World/AMOLAD. Very, very impressed.

1 Like

Yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeetttttt

I had mostly been just listening to this song without actually watching the video.

OMG.The video for this is absolutely incredible. Thy symbolism and biblical references are off the charts. Four Horsemen on motorcycles, a Savior & Devil, Adam & Eve…it’s crazy.

2 Likes

I saw this for the first time in a theatre, on the big screen, with the sound system 2 metres from my face. Pretty impactful.

2 Likes

Totally not jealous…

1 Like

This new Lorna Shore song has the nastiest death core vocals I’ve ever heard:

1 Like

They’re touring with Opeth … gotta get me some tickets