Heavy Incline Dumbbell Press: Getting DBs into Position?

I cant do any full shoulder presses with bar, shoulder hurts. Theres nothing wrong but bar moves hurts.

Vid or it never happened.

2 Likes

Okay, i take video someday.

This is one of the reasons I donā€™t like heavy DB presses. Itā€™s just such a pain to get the set started, and some people injure themselves trying to jerk, tweak, and knee kick the weights into place.

Some other tips:

1. Try one arm DB pressing. You canā€™t do as much weight, and this requires some serious core strength. It also adds value to the DB, as you canā€™t easily replicate this with barbells or other equipment.
  2. Use weighted dips instead to compliment BB lifting. This of course works different muscles than incline, though.
  3. Do HARD push up variations, like 1 arm push ups or variations to get there.

Yeah, Iā€™m nowhere near those weights, and my gym caps off at 125lbs

1 Like

Get dumbbell hooks

Dips you sayā€¦its gonna do nothing my upper chest or shoulders but i will try if my sternum can handle it. Me and my brother had this weird problem years ago, when dip with chains and plates it popped rib up of our center chest, it was fairly easy to press back.

I read somewhere that a 30 deg angle for incline press will activate more chest muscle fibers than at a 45 deg angle. Thatā€™s the way Iā€™ve been doing them on my first chest exercise and then I do a couple sets at 45 deg just to hit the front delts a bit more since I canā€™t OH press.

1 Like