Heavy Front Squat

[quote]digitalairair wrote:
thats a crazy front squat, depth looks ok to me. Koing that was a good spot! Ass to grass double body weight squat is a very good lift.

I just got off a front squat cycle last month too with 145 kg @ 72 kg, and 136 kg 3 sets of 3 reps with no knee wraps, no belt.[/quote]

NICE!

Bro @ 68kg does 140Kg front squat, he hasn’t tested a back squat max in while. My little bro, 38kg front squat 50Kg. He OLifts well. Snatch 31Kg, C&J 41Kg. Not bad for 9months training ahey? Trains 2x a week but now he is 12 he trains 3x a week and is learning to hurdle with me at my athletics club

I’ve only front squated 152kg @ 87Kg. 180Kg back squat and tested 2 days ago a 160Kg for 4RM :). I go very low, my ass is about 4inches off the ground. I get my Cleans end up at that depth so I like to know that I can get up :slight_smile:

I want that 2x bw front squat dam it! Then onwards to 200Kg.

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:
digitalairair wrote:
thats a crazy front squat, depth looks ok to me. Koing that was a good spot! Ass to grass double body weight squat is a very good lift.

I just got off a front squat cycle last month too with 145 kg @ 72 kg, and 136 kg 3 sets of 3 reps with no knee wraps, no belt.

NICE!

Bro @ 68kg does 140Kg front squat, he hasn’t tested a back squat max in while. My little bro, 38kg front squat 50Kg. He OLifts well. Snatch 31Kg, C&J 41Kg. Not bad for 9months training ahey? Trains 2x a week but now he is 12 he trains 3x a week and is learning to hurdle with me at my athletics club

I’ve only front squated 152kg @ 87Kg. 180Kg back squat and tested 2 days ago a 160Kg for 4RM :). I go very low, my ass is about 4inches off the ground. I get my Cleans end up at that depth so I like to know that I can get up :slight_smile:

I want that 2x bw front squat dam it! Then onwards to 200Kg.

Koing[/quote]

Wow you can clean and jerk over 300 but u cant front squat 2x bodyweight!? that is tricky!

How fast do you go down on those squats?
do u go down in a controlled manner and explode up or bounce at the button?

[quote]digitalairair wrote:
Wow you can clean and jerk over 300 but u cant front squat 2x bodyweight!? that is tricky!

How fast do you go down on those squats?
do u go down in a controlled manner and explode up or bounce at the button?

[/quote]

Snatch 115kg/ C&J 140Kg : @ 84.25Kg
FS: 152Kg, BS: 180Kg : @ 87Kg evening weight

I go down slow, a lot slower when compared to other people. Get to rock bottom and then I explode up. Driving my hips in forwards under the bar, just like my Clean recoveries.

If I could FS 2x bw I’d be rocking on 130/155!

Koing