Heavy bag

you look stiff punching that heavy bag even on your avatar

haha. my avatar’s are meant to display the awesomeness of my back muscles, not the correct way to punch. Hate to say, that I’m vain like that.

[quote]IronClaws wrote:
haha. my avatar’s are meant to display the awesomeness of my back muscles, not the correct way to punch. Hate to say, that I’m vain like that.[/quote]

THIS GUY RULES!!!

my avatar are meant to display the awesomeness of wearing a pro wrestling mask and being an awesome tag-team partner!

but kaisermetal when you connect you do want to “stiffen up” according to dempsey in championship fighting. regardless.

“2. But, as the relaxed left hand speeds toward the bag, suddenly close the hand with a convulsive, grabbing snap. Close it with such a terrific grab that when the second knuckle of the upright fist smashes into the bag, the fist and the arm and the shoulder will be “frozen” steel-hard by the terrific grabbing tension.” - Jack Dempsey

steel hard, like the muscles in my back in that picture. my entire “power-line” is like STEEL.

learn how to strike, man. Also, when you punch someone in the head, you want to be upright fist not, (not palm down). that one’s for FREE.

I thought you wherever dressed in your vids

Thought hardcore Tudor training was about the body becoming a furnace

The way tht hammer struck that tire
Or the maul rang on impact with timber
Shoulda had your bread steaming son

And damn son you should shocse tht body,
Where are the board shorts and matching rash guards?

Where is the ink??

Right now you channeling that other white kid from tuff
The kid who was all whiskey and guillotines
Dept you got him beat in the physique department

You got the skills and the blinding handspeed
Need to get the tear to mach

Rep your under armor
when you get your new heavy bag
you need to rock matching gloves, wraps

We if your mom will clean up thte house little bit,
How fans gonna know you real with tht plaid couch

Damnn neeker autocorrect jacked up my post

No disrespect intended KMC. I don’t want to stir up shit with a guy who strings together sentences like you do. No doubt you’ve worked your way through some brutal heavy-handed punches.

jk man, thanks for the props!

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
Indeed I do think he is thor
look how he rocked that hammer on that tire

complete with walmart wardrobe

and again the insight on the tendon training with sledge is spot on.

Tell us about the god touching your back- is it like when your uncle touched it?
it must be a similar sensation

Ignore these cretins and please keep the videos
and I do like your prose good flow for a recluse unshorn white kid

I do like how you humanize yourself by saying you shelter in the trees
when its hard to breath in the cold

[/quote]

LOL! Faded Glory FTW

[quote]IronClaws wrote:
learn how to strike, man. Also, when you punch someone in the head, you want to be upright fist not, (not palm down). that one’s for FREE.[/quote]

Do What?

your fist should be upright, as if you were holding a stick “running from ceiling to floor”. to keep the punch “straight” you begin looping punches when you shoot forward with a palm down, on head strikes I mean. on straight stepping punches anyway. palm down on on things like the left hook that involve shoulder whirl.

[quote]IronClaws wrote:
your fist should be upright, as if you were holding a stick “running from ceiling to floor”. to keep the punch “straight” you begin looping punches when you shoot forward with a palm down, on head strikes I mean. on straight stepping punches anyway. palm down on on things like the left hook that involve shoulder whirl.[/quote]

Yea. Straight. Just like how Irondick here does it. So viciously straight that you bust apart your heavy bag with the Push Punch From God.

OH god, I was responding to your reply when I seen your last post… First, that is not anythiing I have ever heard in all my martial arts training, so I am wondering where you heard or read that since you don’t have training.

Many of those hand positions are personal preference, and you probably want to learn to mix it up so that your opponent dosen’t use it as a telegraph against you. I also throw my hooks both ways but typically thumb up.

[quote]IronClaws wrote:
The problem with a boxing gym is that I live in the middle of no-where and the closest boxing gym is 3-4 hour drive away, in a city that I don’t live in. I have my own “boxing” gym due to this. Heavy-bag, speed-bag, med-ball, agility bag, etc. Even if I had a boxing gym to go to, I would still train in my home gym a lot due to the epic amount of free-time that I have.

I have a “personal” trainer who helps me work physical conditioning, someone who comes along on a bike to call me a joke when I can’t keep up, someone to mock me when I start to fail on my conditioning work, someone that tells me where i need work (cardio, strength, anaerobic, etc)I work the mantis mitts with this person a lot, setting up combos, dodging the mantis mitt when it comes for my strikes out for my head. This is a killer workout on the quads, esp with a 20pound vest.

So I have a “trainer” I just haven’t asked for them to work on me with my heavy-bag work, my skill work, this was a lot of stuff I was largely doing “alone”. It wasn’t a focus.

I do plan to step into a ring or a cage with another opponent. I do not feel that I am physically conditioned enough to take round after round of striking to the guts, to the head from a truly professional fighter. A lot of you go on about skill, but when I throw a 12 pound med ball as hard as I can into the sky, and happen to catch it to the face that is only a small simulation of how hard a human can punch, and I can tell you that if my back/neck weren’t very conditioned when that med ball hit me in the face, it might have broke my neck or knocked me out.

Or when I get my “trainer” to smash me in the guts/body with a med-ball. Shit, it doesn’t feel nice when a fairly small human is smashing you with it and you’re just taking it. I spar, I know what it feels to be hit with at force.

So again, my skill might suck but I also don’t feel my conditioning is good enough. When I step into the ring I don’t want to be just skilled, I don’t want to be in the best shape of my life, I want to be in the best shape that I as a human can be in for fighting.

after all this advice I have been including a lot more skill work, going to find a trainer to help tell me when my punches are too low (I find I miss the power-line sometimes by striking too low) to tell me when i’m pushing them, just someone to watch my heavy-bag and etc work.
[/quote]

I’m surprised anyone is still into boxing anymore now that mma is getting so big. why do boxing, when you can do mma. as far as real life benefits, it is a far greater way of defending yourself than mere boxing. mma, there are no weaknesses. in boxing, what happens if you get taken down. your in deep shit. you should know how to kick, knee, use elbows, wrestle, choke. everything.

You’re martial art’s training in what? and only the greatest authority on punching power that ever lived.

it’s almost word for word from http://stickgrappler.tripod.com/box/dempseycfbook.html

If you watch a boxing match or two some of amazing knockout’s happen that way as well. Pretty sure I’ve seen Marciano blast people in the head, in that exact same manner.

I don’t train just boxing, I just mainly train boxing. I condition myself for the demands of slamming other humans, pankration, a little muay thai work and some kicks and etc. I have a fairly good left high kick. I condition myself to the demands of wrestling and other things as well. I do all sorts of things but I like to mainly train on boxing, I want to be a power-puncher. That’s part of the reason I train so much on the assortment of grip-tools, like the sledge hammer, work my pinch-grip and lever strength a lot, lever hammers etc, swinging a sledge with 1 arm.

So that I can direct the strength of my body through my hands. When I grab someone, or clinch them, they’re going to feel what crushing grip strength is all about.

for example, most people have the strength to rip a deck of cards in half, they just can’t direct it through their hands, because their pinch grip is too weak.

Well, their writing styles are the same. So my guess is that the big vampire vagina and Thor here are the same person.

Otherwise, this giving of reach-arounds to each other makes no sense.

And everyone around is stupider for reading their conversation.

[quote]Ranzo wrote:
OH god, I was responding to your reply when I seen your last post… First, that is not anythiing I have ever heard in all my martial arts training, so I am wondering where you heard or read that since you don’t have training.

Many of those hand positions are personal preference, and you probably want to learn to mix it up so that your opponent dosen’t use it as a telegraph against you. I also throw my hooks both ways but typically thumb up. [/quote]

He is citing Jack Dempsey’s Championship Fighting. The book is well worth reading. I believe a link was posted to an online copy in another thread. It was originally published without copyright I believe, so there is nothing at issue in procuring a PDF.

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]IronClaws wrote:
You’re martial art’s training in what? and only the greatest authority on punching power that ever lived.

it’s almost word for word from http://stickgrappler.tripod.com/box/dempseycfbook.html

If you watch a boxing match or two some of amazing knockout’s happen that way as well. Pretty sure I’ve seen Marciano blast people in the head, in that exact same manner.[/quote]

just reread what you wrote. It would stand to reason that your hand would be like you are “holding a stick” since they should be up guarding your face, but even at that it depends on how you hold a stick.

looking at your posts I feel that your emphasis on punching power and your own muscularity is going to get you knocked out or tapped out in the ring. Some people say that punchers are born and not made. I think that should not stop you from trying to become stronger and punch harder but, MMA is not Boxing and you will not have as many opportunities to stand in front of your opponent and develop power punches as you would in boxing. I can tell you from experience that the key to fighting is being able to read the situation and your opponent so you can set up the shots that count. If you set it up and get a clear shot you really don’t have to punch that hard to make the other guy not want anymore.

[quote]Ranzo wrote:

[quote]IronClaws wrote:

If you watch a boxing match or two some of amazing knockout’s happen that way as well. Pretty sure I’ve seen Marciano blast people in the head, in that exact same manner.[/quote]

just reread what you wrote. It would stand to reason that your hand would be like you are “holding a stick” since they should be up guarding your face, but even at that it depends on how you hold a stick.

looking at your posts I feel that your emphasis on punching power and your own muscularity is going to get you knocked out or tapped out in the ring. Some people say that punchers are born and not made. I think that should not stop you from trying to become stronger and punch harder but, MMA is not Boxing and you will not have as many opportunities to stand in front of your opponent and develop power punches as you would in boxing. I can tell you from experience that the key to fighting is being able to read the situation and your opponent so you can set up the shots that count. If you set it up and get a clear shot you really don’t have to punch that hard to make the other guy not want anymore.[/quote]

This dude is a total troll. Don’t bother wasting your time giving serious advice to him. Just enjoy the fireworks.