T Nation

Heaviest Pullups for Reps You've Seen?

So I’ve always enjoyed weighted pull ups. The other day, this strong sum bitch loads up the dip belt and bangs out 10 reps with 155 added! The guy was probably 200lbs or so

I usually do 8-10 reps with 45 lbs added. I’ve done 5 reps with 90, but 10 for 155? Goddamn!

What have y’all done/ seen in the gym?

I used to be able to get about 5 reps with 70 pounds added. At the time I weighed 240.

Now I’m 255, at a similar BF% to what I was at 240, and might be able to bang out 3 reps with a 45 pound plate. It’s amazing how a little bit of weight gain can affect your pull-ups.

Best I’ve seen was a Japanese guy who used to rep out with 90 pounds on a belt…probably 15 reps or so with excellent form. Granted, the guy weighed maybe a buck 40, but still impressive.

The best I’ve seen was a guy with 88 pounds added for about 4 reps.

The best I can do is 3 reps with 44 pounds added at a bodyweight of 169 pounds.

How did my thread about heavy pull ups get moved to conditioning?

i dont trust my pack with more than 60#'s. in the few month off season, i do 25# 10x. 35# 8x. 45# 6x. 55# 3x
55# 3x and then 60# 3x. i think maybe i could do 65 or 70# 1 or 2x…

look up steven low on google… former great gymnast. i think he weighs 140 - 150 and does his bodyweight on weighted pullups… amazing…

A 215lb guy. Pull-ups with more than his bodyweight!

Apparently the current Guinness World Record holder with 206.2lbs. He’s also another 200+lb guy.

And his most recent weighted pull-up record at 211.4lbs.

[quote]Captnoblivious wrote:
How did my thread about heavy pull ups get moved to conditioning? [/quote]

Where was it supposed to be posted? This is the correct forum for calisthenics feats. Conditioning is more than being a cardio/work capacity/anaerobic threshold whore. The more bodyweight training topics on here the better this forum will be in my opinion.

[quote]In10s wrote:

[quote]Captnoblivious wrote:
How did my thread about heavy pull ups get moved to conditioning? [/quote]

Where was it supposed to be posted? This is the correct forum for calisthenics feats. Conditioning is more than being a cardio/work capacity/anaerobic threshold whore. The more bodyweight training topics on here the better this forum will be in my opinion.[/quote]

I see, I’ve never read this forum.