Heaviest Pistols?

Dont do them. I squat to grow my legs

I don’t do pistols, even though I do lots of single-leg work for rehab purposes.

The pistol in the video above shows why not to do pistols. Not as good as regular squats for building legs, AND bad for the spine which is in flexion the whole time. Lose-lose.

[quote]K2000 wrote:

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:

[quote]K2000 wrote:
The guy on YouTube who throws the bar over his head doing Zercher squats (maybe somebody knows who I mean) is also shown on YouTube doing pistols in a front-squat configuation (with no hands!) with what appears to be 135 pounds. He’s knocking 'em out, too.[/quote]
link please[/quote]

I was wrong about the weight - in another video he’s doing pistols in goblet squat style with 48 kg and working hard. I wasn’t thinking and didn’t realize that bumper plates can be less than 45 lbs (duh). Not sure what he’s using here… 95 lbs? Anyway, sorry to overstate the weights, still a nice feat of strength here though (6 good reps with something…)

This is him throwing the bar over his head, doing Zercher squats:

[/quote]

Thats quite the “floor routine” with a barbell. Neato.

Holy shit. There has got to be a safer way to do a barbell complex. I mean that’s 135 he’s catching on his elbows. Christ, boy be crazy.