Heavier Lifts Before Growth Factor Complexes

Hello CT, In the Growth Factor for Chest article you list starting with a heavier lift, such as bench press, that is still in line with the growth factor way of thinking. Which lift would you recommend starting with for the Growth Factor Back and Growth Factor Shoulder complexes?

[quote]jeff1972 wrote:
Hello CT, In the Growth Factor for Chest article you list starting with a heavier lift, such as bench press, that is still in line with the growth factor way of thinking. Which lift would you recommend starting with for the Growth Factor Back and Growth Factor Shoulder complexes?[/quote]

I don’t know about back but maybe the growth factor shoulders article can help.

[quote]erenasena wrote:

[quote]jeff1972 wrote:
Hello CT, In the Growth Factor for Chest article you list starting with a heavier lift, such as bench press, that is still in line with the growth factor way of thinking. Which lift would you recommend starting with for the Growth Factor Back and Growth Factor Shoulder complexes?[/quote]

I don’t know about back but maybe the growth factor shoulders article can help.
Growth Factor Shoulder Training [/quote]
Thanks erenasena, I guess the first complex listed there could be done somewhat on the heavy side.

It can actually be very heavy… in the 3-5 reps range. Actually heavy lifting will potentiate the growth factor section.

So you can simply use the big compound lifts for 4-5 work sets of 3-5 reps.

1 Like

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
It can actually be very heavy… in the 3-5 reps range. Actually heavy lifting will potentiate the growth factor section.

So you can simply use the big compound lifts for 4-5 work sets of 3-5 reps.[/quote]

Thanks Coach. For Back would you use Deadlift or maybe a Barbell Row to keep in line with time under tension? I considered sticking with SGHP as my main lift (can’t give up all of the Layer System methods, lol)but I assumed it was just too explosive of a movement.

[quote]jeff1972 wrote:

So you can simply use the big compound lifts for 4-5 work sets of 3-5 reps.[/quote]

Thanks Coach. For Back would you use Deadlift or maybe a Barbell Row to keep in line with time under tension? I considered sticking with SGHP as my main lift (can’t give up all of the Layer System methods, lol)but I assumed it was just too explosive of a movement.[/quote]

No the SGHP is fine; explosive lifts turn on the nervous system just as much, if not more so, than heavy lifts

what about st. never mind