Heaven: How Do You Get There?

Dang, this whole time I thought I had to jerk a priest off. Twelve years of Catholic school wasted!!

That’s an easy one:

"And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: / And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.?

Just as you change your clothes once a day (though I have my doubts), you will one day take off your old and worn out body (that’ll get some flames!). If you have truly done the above, you will get in.

Each of us is actually a process. God loves THOUGHT. You are converting matter into THOUGHT at this moment. When you can’t do this any longer, your work is done. An unjust God would then simply throw you on a trash heap. God is not unjust.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
You are converting matter into THOUGHT at this moment.[/quote]

And when do you plan on getting started?

[quote]pookie wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
You are converting matter into THOUGHT at this moment.

And when do you plan on getting started?
[/quote]

‘Voltaire’ strikes again…and again a good chuckle.

Actually, didn’t it require ‘thought’ to hunt down the exact quote? When yer old, the memory jest ain’t sa gud no mehr…

But remember, you took the oath long ago — you’ll be in the jaws of Satan forever. :wink:

Even if it exists, how should one know what religion is the right one? Maybe the true test to get into heaven is not believing in it. Ahr haaahrrrrr.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
That’s an easy one:

"And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: / And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.?

Just as you change your clothes once a day (though I have my doubts), you will one day take off your old and worn out body (that’ll get some flames!). If you have truly done the above, you will get in.

Each of us is actually a process. God loves THOUGHT. You are converting matter into THOUGHT at this moment. When you can’t do this any longer, your work is done. An unjust God would then simply throw you on a trash heap. God is not unjust.[/quote]

If loving Atheists go to hell, and evil Theists who “repent” on their deathbed go to Heaven, then God is nothing more than a hippocritical jackass.

I’d like to think that if their is a greater power, he’s more just than that.

What’s most important for the moment is how you live your life now…those that do good, remain pure, and watch after their friends and loved ones believe me have nothing to worry about. Understand that Religion has the power to unite people but in the end it will be Faith in God that unites the world…just you watch.

Faith & Patience…

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

But remember, you took the oath long ago — you’ll be in the jaws of Satan forever. :wink:

[/quote]

I think god, to the extent one exists and cares about T-Nation threads, found the idea of a mere mortal drafting a Jaws of Satan oath so blasphemous that he disappeared it. Blasphemous threads end up here:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=936909

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
Blasphemous threads end up here:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=936909[/quote]

Yeah, show one where I’m asking a stupid question. Pick on pookie, why don’t you?

I prefer this one:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=936839

[quote]pookie wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:
Blasphemous threads end up here:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=936909

Yeah, show one where I’m asking a stupid question. Pick on pookie, why don’t you?

I prefer this one:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=936839

[/quote]

Resurrection of a thread. Praise be!

First off, if heaven does exist what makes you think I’d want to get there if I had to put up with all the pious assholes that cursed me for my beliefs in the first place? I imagine heaven to be like that night club I stood in line to get into when I was younger; as soon as I got in I wanted to leave because it was filled with a bunch of douche-bags–and suck-ass music.

As far as I’m concerned, this life, here and now, is heaven. I am going to enjoy my life while I have it and not worry about what may or may not happen when I’m gone.

I think tonight I am going to throw on some Charles Mingus, open a bottle of wine, and “spend some time” with my wife…ahhh…heaven!

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
First off, if heaven does exist what makes you think I’d want to get there if I had to put up with all the pious assholes that cursed me for my beliefs in the first place? I imagine heaven to be like that night club I stood in line to get into when I was younger; as soon as I got in I wanted to leave because it was filled with a bunch of douche-bags–and suck-ass music.

As far as I’m concerned, this life, here and now, is heaven. I am going to enjoy my life while I have it and not worry about what may or may not happen when I’m gone.

I think tonight I am going to throw on some Charles Mingus, open a bottle of wine, and “spend some time” with my wife…ahhh…heaven![/quote]

Perfect. Great way to look at it. This is the way I’d like to think.

Thanks again, LIFTICVSMAXIMVS.

(I’m really praising you a lot these days…)