T Nation

Heating Oil Gear

I live in the Rocky Mountains, on top of a mountain. Been a bit chilly this winter, even in the house, but especially in my bedroom bathroom.

Oil is S L O W to inject (use a 25) and seems to sit there like a big fucking lump.

Hurts, too. And this is good stuff.

I’ve taken to filling my pins and putting them (in the plastic container and a zip lock for good measure) in the folds of a heating pad on high for 15 minutes. Injects like water.

Any reason not to do this? Haven’t checked the temp, but wiki says heating pads get up to 135 F or so.

Yeah there is nothing wrong with doing this, makes for nice injections. I warm up all my high dosed gear as well.

i run the pins under hot water after i filled em

might want to consider using a 23g

I leave my slin pins on the baseboard heater while I shower. Pin afterwards, juice is super hot and viscous. Lumping is much much less. Especially noticeable in colder weather. Sooo worth the extra few seconds of planning for a quicker and less painful injection.

-PTD

Protein starts to break down above 105 fahrenheit so 135 is too hot. Body temp is perfect. You don’t want to create damage from too hot injections. If the syringes feel warm than probablly too hot. Put your hand in your clean armpit for a bit then touch the syringe. If you notice the syringe is warmer than wait a few minutes for it to cool down.

[quote]GoCal wrote:
Protein starts to break down above 105 fahrenheit so 135 is too hot. Body temp is perfect. You don’t want to create damage from too hot injections. If the syringes feel warm than probablly too hot. Put your hand in your clean armpit for a bit then touch the syringe. If you notice the syringe is warmer than wait a few minutes for it to cool down.[/quote]

Yes protein does break down a 105 and above when cooking MEAT not gear!

“Donnie your out of your element, dude”

Not looking for an argument, but putting hot liquid diectly into the muscle seems to me a bit risky for some damage. He mentioned up to 135 degrees, that seems a bit high to me. Why risk it? The liquid is going to be fine at that temp or quite a bit higher. My concern was how it would affect the muscle at 135 degrees. Of course, even 2 or 3mls is going to rapidly adjust to body temp after injection, just why cause even micro trauma?

[quote]GoCal wrote:
Not looking for an argument, but putting hot liquid diectly into the muscle seems to me a bit risky for some damage. He mentioned up to 135 degrees, that seems a bit high to me. Why risk it? The liquid is going to be fine at that temp or quite a bit higher. My concern was how it would affect the muscle at 135 degrees. Of course, even 2 or 3mls is going to rapidly adjust to body temp after injection, just why cause even micro trauma?[/quote]

Do you advise against drinking hot tea and coffee as well?

I am glad you are not a PI lawyer and I am not Mcdonalds! Seriously though, I was curious what I could find on google and Johns Hopkins, etc. all say room temp or body temp for injections. I will defer to the professionals.