T Nation

Heath Ledger?....The Joker?

well my brother-in-law sent this pic of Heath Ledger as the joker. After some research I came across various pics,but some are just the result of people using PhotoShop.

This pic seems to be the valid pic of him as The Joker.

I have no reason to believe they will fuck up this movie yet. I honestly do think Bale would turn down the script if it truly sucked ass. That is why I am positive about Ledger and whoever else they throw in.

Not sure I’m quite feeling this one, but I’ll let the runner get his chance.

The big laugh on the net when the news came out was to call Heath “Brokeback Joker”

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
well my brother-in-law sent this pic of Heath Ledger as the joker. After some research I came across various pics,but some are just the result of people using PhotoShop.

This pic seems to be the valid pic of him as The Joker.[/quote]

Don’t think he’s got what it takes. Then again, I didn’t watch his latest performance in Mount Brokeback so I could be wrong.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I have no reason to believe they will fuck up this movie yet. I honestly do think Bale would turn down the script if it truly sucked ass. That is why I am positive about Ledger and whoever else they throw in.[/quote]

I think what’s interesting is that the 2nd movie may “suffer” at least from the standpoint of how high the first set the bar. That being said, I have no reason to think Heath Ledger would not make a good Joker, so I am with ya and think Bale is probably smart enough to know that this could be his chance to put a stamp of a big-time franchise.

Why not? Jack Nicholson is too old. Is Cesar Romero alive?

I haven’t seen Ledger in very many movies but he is not horribly annoying. He might do
well.

First off, I believe that Christian Bale is one of the most talented and versatile actors today. And Christopher Nolan is one of the top directors as well. Heath Ledger has a bright future ahead of him. Watch him in “Lords of Dogtown” based on the Cali kids who defined skateboarding today. He was brilliant in that. You can’t judge an actor on how well he’ll play a part until the movie is made. A perfect example of that is Jim Carrey. “Ace Venture” and “The Mask” were both entertaining but you never expected Jim to be in such compelling movies as “The Truman Show” and “Sunshine of the Spotless Mind”. In essence, just wait and see.

I strongly doubt that Christopher Nolan would ever sabotage a film that he is apart of.

I have no reason to believe they will fuck up this movie yet. I honestly do think Bale would turn down the script if it truly sucked ass. That is why I am positive about Ledger and whoever else they throw in.[/quote]

I am amazed so many people liked the first Bale movie. I was very disappointed with it.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Professor X wrote:
I have no reason to believe they will fuck up this movie yet. I honestly do think Bale would turn down the script if it truly sucked ass. That is why I am positive about Ledger and whoever else they throw in.

I am amazed so many people liked the first Bale movie. I was very disappointed with it.[/quote]

I thought it was good but not great.

The first Michael Keaton one was good. All the rest were horrible.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

I haven’t seen Ledger in very many movies but he is not horribly annoying. He might do
well.
[/quote]

I think most T-nationer’s hate him because he is a skinny pretty-boy who had the audacity to play a queer in ‘Brokeback Mountain’. T-Nation won’t be happy until every movie role is played by a former bodybuilder.

Honestly, the guy is among the most talented of the current crop of young actors. He’ll make the role his own and do a good job with it.

[quote]Steve4192 wrote:
T-Nation won’t be happy until every movie role is played by a former bodybuilder.[/quote]

Don’t know why I found this as funny as I did…

Agree with X. They already screwed up a bunch of movies the first time around (batman forever, batman and robin) so i hope the movie industry has gotten it out of their system. There has been so many decent comic adaps lately that at least producers can see where the bar shold be and aim for it. Personally i can’t wait for Batman 2. Roll on.

[quote]Steve4192 wrote:

I think most T-nationer’s hate him because he is a skinny pretty-boy who had the audacity to play a queer in ‘Brokeback Mountain’. T-Nation won’t be happy until every movie role is played by a former bodybuilder.

[/quote]

Agreed, some discussions here about movies are quite ridiculous, even while it’s true that certain characters (Venom, Juggernaut etc.) were horrible miscasts.

I know, some may find this a bit awkward, but for me, Brokeback Mountain was actually quite testosteronish. I went there with my girlfriend and expected a lame chick/homoflic and was surprised.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I am amazed so many people liked the first Bale movie. I was very disappointed with it.[/quote]

I would ask why but I guess everyone has their likes and dislikes. If a movie makes me want to see it again…and again, I tend to believe it has succeeded at being a good film.

I was just watching Kill Bill again today. Regardless of what I may not like about Kill Bill, it is still good enough that I have watched it several times over by now.

The same applies to Batman Begins. It was more real than most comic book adaptations and almost completely got rid of that “comic book feel” to even the fight scenes.

Not once in the original Keaton Batman did I believe he could really fight (yes, it’s a movie)…especially in that costume. I do give it credit, however, for not being crap and being a good attempt.

Batman Begins showed these movies could be done a level of realism without much of the childishness that seems to jump into some of them. Many of these newer comic books aren’t even geared towards little kids. The sexual innuendos and depth of characters lately isn’t directed at the 10 year olds.

Batman Begins was excellent.

However, Maggie Gyllenhaal will be playing ‘Rachel’ as Katie Holmes Cruise (or whatever) has turned down the continuation of the role due to ‘Scheduling Difficulties’.

However, give Heath Ledger a chance people, he’s a fantastic actor. Yes, he may be a little young, and I was hoping they would get another very versatile actor (an equivalent to Bale) to play the role, but I think he will do just fine.

Plus, Christoper Nolan never releases anything dissapointing, no sarcasm.

This should definently seal the deal in people giving Heath Ledger a chance.

[quote]Oquendog wrote:

However, Maggie Gyllenhaal will be playing ‘Rachel’ as Katie Holmes Cruise (or whatever) has turned down the continuation of the role due to ‘Scheduling Difficulties’.
[/quote]

No arguments there.

Scientology is obviously not all bad.

[quote]Oquendog wrote:

[/quote]

That’s actually a HUGE upgrade in terms of acting ability. Katie Holmes is nice too look at, but she is about as wooden as they come in regards to delivering her lines. Gyllenhaal’s need to spout off about her personal politics annoys the crap out of me, but she is a damn fine actress.

You can blame the director Tim Burton for that. Definitely not comfortable with any kind of action sequence. At least not when he made the movie.

Not once in the original Keaton Batman did I believe he could really fight (yes, it’s a movie)…especially in that costume. I do give it credit, however, for not being crap and being a good attempt. [/quote]

[quote]Oquendog wrote:
Batman Begins was excellent.

[/quote]
This has just “sold” Batman 2 for me (Though I would go see it no matter what). I think Katie Holmes was the definite weak link in the first film. Maggie Gyllenhaal was great (and HOT) in Secretary.