The Death of Heath Ledger - The New York Times

terrible news :frowning:

Dang. Brokeback is dead.

Oh my gosh
how heart wrenching!

his role as the joker looks awesome
sad most of the stories leading up to it will be about his death

This is so terrible news :frowning: 28 way too young

Why does it always happen to the good people, why can’t some of the media whores like Hilton vanish from earth instead.

good People? how the fuck was he “good people”

theres better people than him that die every day

the only bad thing is he won’t be in more than one batman movie
this one looks good

He was a good actor. He was excellent in Brokeback even though it took me a couple months to actually sort through the butt sex in the movie after I saw it. I bet he’ll be excellent as the Joker

My girl sent me a text about this [I don’t know why
]. He died less than 2 hours ago. I don’t mean to sound insensitive, but I hope this doesn’t effect the movie in any way. He was a talented actor, and the previews make it look like he was born to play the Joker.

With all his money, you’d think the guy would have bought better, non-lethal drugs.

[quote]dennis3k wrote:

this one looks good

[/quote]

As far as actors go, he was alright.

He didn’t take the heart-throb, pretty boy road, but took his work seriously and went for meatier roles.

He didn’t preach to the masses about the environment or some other celebrity cause, while driving a fucking SUV himself.

Granted, better people die everyday without much fanfare, but he was alright.

[quote]dennis3k wrote:

this one looks good

[/quote]
I knew some asshole would come in commenting on that. Thanks for not disappointing me.

What do I mean with “good people”? Do I act like I knew him? No, I just thought he had a great personality (judging by interviews), a down to earth guy, and a great actor. Can I be sure that he wasn’t a ‘bad guy’ off-screen? No, I just judge on what I see, hence my comment.

I’d much rather see some useless media whore or crack addict lose his or her life than him. I merely wanted to express that I think it’s unfair. But yea yea life is unfair and blah blah, no you don’t need to tell me that.

This is sad.
He was my age. I hope he’s found peace.

[quote]Ambidextrous wrote:
dennis3k wrote:

this one looks good

I knew some asshole would come in commenting on that. Thanks for not disappointing me.

What do I mean with “good people”? Do I act like I knew him? No, I just thought he had a great personality (judging by interviews), a down to earth guy, and a great actor. Can I be sure that he wasn’t a ‘bad guy’ off-screen? No, I just judge on what I see, hence my comment.

I’d much rather see some useless media whore or crack addict lose his or her life than him. I merely wanted to express that I think it’s unfair. But yea yea life is unfair and blah blah, no you don’t need to tell me that. [/quote]

good point but the asshole comment was uncalled for though champ
I just find it stupid how they make a big deal about it when some celebrity dies and they treat it like the end of the world
weellllll, its not life goes on

[quote]Ambidextrous wrote:

[/quote]

I knew some asshole would see dennis3k’s post and have a fit.

“Mmm
drugs are bad mm’kay?”

It really is sad, he had a 2 year old, and he was a damn talented actor.

This is gonna make his role in “The Dark Knight” that much creepier.

–JB

i didn’t read any of the nonsense that im sure this thread is full of, I just wanted to say that batman beat the joker just like the drugs beat ledger, so in a way, drugs are batman.

It really is sad, he had a 2 year old, and he was a damn talented actor.

This is gonna make his

I find it rather sad myself. I like the fact that he was kind of quiet and reserved and not into making an ass out of himself in the spotlight, like so many others who find "success" in Hollywood like to do.

I think he was a terrific character actor, and respect the role choices he made, opting for powerful and offbeat dramatic choices instead of the pretty boy films that the other big names often do. The film I've seen of his Joker role look stunningly brilliant. His version looks to be terrifyingly psychotic compared to the weenies that have played joker in the other ones. 

At any rate, I think he deserves a little respect for staying humble and what appeared to be “solid” in his personal life. I know he did have one stint in rehab, but looks like he just was having trouble sleeping after taking on that role, and just getting back from London, and Australia to New York, it seems he may have just wanted to get some sleep and fucked up taking too many Ambien, or whatever sleep aids they were.

Too bad, sad when anyone dies, but for a star I liked his personality and low key down to earth nature.

ToneBone

At least it looks like he’s going out on a high note as his role as The Joker looks like absolute brilliance.

Feel bad for Raul Julia who died after his performance as M. Bison in Street Fighter.