Heat Wave

It’ll get up to around 100, but the we get days like today. And the fact that it’s a dry heat really does help, but you still need to be careful.

You all think you have heat? I live in the Caribbean and we only have two seasons- dry and wet.

Regardless of the season the temperature averages 34 Celsius daily. Sometimes it rains too, and we have lovely humid weather.

Our temperatures here are amazingly stable in the summer. The average high for August 1 is 92. The record high is 95. Average low is 72, record is 70. The only real variations you might get are warm nights (which we have been having), or a little bit of cooling if there is a hurricane.

This has been the hottest summer on record in the DC area and last month’s string of T-sized thunder/rain storms haven’t been seen in the area in over 200 years. I’ve lost count of how many code red days we’ve had and we’ve got two 100+ degree days already with two more on the forecast. Fucking ridiculous.

A week ago I was in the gym on 100+ days… now that hurt. Glad they fixed the AC.

Heat…it’s what’s for dinner every evening for 9 months out of the year. I hate it.

I am building a large deck.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
Same thing I always do. I’m a firm believer that you have to live your life the same way regardless of the weather. That way, it never really seems to bother me. When it’s hot, I get hot. When it’s cold, I get cold. When it rains, I get wet. It is what it is, nothing more, nothing less.
DB[/quote]

How zen of you. I tried that approach right up until my nut sack velcroed to my leg from the heat. I am going the vampire route until autumn.

This is my 2nd consecutive summer in Iraq. The heat really doesn’t bother me so much this year.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
What’s everybody doing during the heat wave? [/quote]

The same thing I do every heat wave – try to take over the world!

[quote]malonetd wrote:
The same thing I do every heat wave – try to take over the world![/quote]

Are you pondering what I’m pondering?

[quote]Kratos wrote:
Are you pondering what I’m pondering?[/quote]

I think so, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour?

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:
Same thing I always do. I’m a firm believer that you have to live your life the same way regardless of the weather. That way, it never really seems to bother me. When it’s hot, I get hot. When it’s cold, I get cold. When it rains, I get wet. It is what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

I like to get sweaty though. I like to get real sweaty while I’m lifting. I like to get super sweaty during sex. One thing I don’t like is touching sweaty people that I’m not having sex with.

Just one point though: the media really seems to play up the heat nowadays. We’ve had much hotter summers in the past. Suddenly, we hit the mid-90s and all hell is expected to break loose. Media morons.

DB

So you wear the same type of clothes, durring the summer as you do in the winter?

Do you wear a coat in the summer or shorts in the winter?

I’m a pussy when it comes to very cold weather. And to think I used to jump in a lake durring wrestling season back in high school.
[/quote]

Well, when you’re homeless, you tend to wear all of your clothes, all of the time. I find that the outer layers wick away the urine and keep me feeling “fresh”. The swamp-ass does get to me at times though.

DB

[quote]keaster wrote:
I am building a large deck.[/quote]

I am currently in Canada watching some jackass building a large deck in the extreme heat.

DB

[quote]Kratos wrote:
malonetd wrote:
The same thing I do every heat wave – try to take over the world!

Are you pondering what I’m pondering?[/quote]

Damn! Beat me to it.

Drink TONS of iced tea and iced water. Iced liquids really help. And it’s not only hot here, but it’s humidity central. I basically lived in my bikini this summer. And a daily swim is a requirement.

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
…I basically lived in my bikini this summer. And a daily swim is a requirement. [/quote]

Stop it. It’s already 108 here. The mental image of you cavorting around in a bikini is NOT helping.

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
Drink TONS of iced tea and iced water. Iced liquids really help. And it’s not only hot here, but it’s humidity central. I basically lived in my bikini this summer. And a daily swim is a requirement. [/quote]

Damn, thats depressing.

Here in Phila its 100 w/ a heat index of 107.

Sticky, muggy, nasty.

Last week I drove through needles, barstow, etc on my way too and from southern Cali…Like an idiot. We did the Wild Animal Park the day it hit 116, so that was fun.
Now I’m staying home as much as I can with a/c.