Heat Wave

What’s everybody doing during the heat wave? My building’s almost hot even with the air condition turned all the way up. I think I’m just going to stay in till it breaks a little. My summer internship is over. So I’ll just stay in and post on T-Nation. And watch sports center and ESPN. A little CNN for good measure. Have people over if they want to head out.

This has been the mildest summer I can remember down here. We haven’t hit 100 even once, plenty of rain. Usually we would have already had a string of at least 15 days in a row over 100.

It’s nice, nice, nice. Probably around 90 right now with big poofy clouds.

there’s a swimming hole near me with two good diving rocks about 15 and 20 feet up. also an awesome smooth rock waterfall/slide. it’s a good mile and a half up into the woods and not many people know about it. i hate air conditoning. it reminds me of the one time i dropped acid.

I just got done working out in our attic-made-into-a-room. Going from the attic to the room next to it feels cool, but going from our bedroom to the room next to the attic feels hot.

I must have sweat about a quart or more.

It did feel good though. Once I get past the initial uncomfortable sweaty feeling, I start to like it.

I’ll take this over our winters any day!

We usually get bitter cold (-20 F) winters, and hot/humid summers. Last year wasn’t that bad, and so far this past week has been the worst this year.

We’re due for more hot and humid days, but as long as I have A/C at night, I’m fine with it.

My A/C in our bedroom is set at 66, but has stayed at 77 all afternoon today.

[quote]doogie wrote:
This has been the mildest summer I can remember down here. We haven’t hit 100 even once, plenty of rain. Usually we would have already had a string of at least 15 days in a row over 100.

It’s nice, nice, nice. Probably around 90 right now with big poofy clouds.[/quote]

Bastard. This is the first week since Memorial day that it has had at least 3 days over 100. Not a drop of rain to speak of, and I have had a sweaty ass all summer.

What am I doing? I turn the A/C down to 60 degrees. I have foiled over all the windows - I know it looks like trailer trash, but it’s 1-fucking-17 outside. And I sit naked in my bean bag chair eating cheet-o’s.

Im in michigan, smack dab in the middle of this mess.

Hasn’t stopped me yet. Im still logging in 50 plus miles mountain biking a week.

Im not doing much outside rock climbing though. The cool indoor temps of planet rock are just to tempting.

I dont even wanna see my latest electric bill though.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
doogie wrote:

It’s nice, nice, nice. Probably around 90 right now with big poofy clouds.

Bastard. This is the first week since Memorial day that it has had at least 3 days over 100. Not a drop of rain to speak of, and I have had a sweaty ass all summer.

What am I doing? I turn the A/C down to 60 degrees. I have foiled over all the windows - I know it looks like trailer trash, but it’s 1-fucking-17 outside. And I sit naked in my bean bag chair eating cheet-o’s. [/quote]

hahaha. i need to try that

[quote]swivel wrote:
there’s a swimming hole near me with two good diving rocks about 15 and 20 feet up. also an awesome smooth rock waterfall/slide. it’s a good mile and a half up into the woods and not many people know about it. i hate air conditoning. it reminds me of the one time i dropped acid.

[/quote]

How’s that?

put a fan in front of a window air conditoner and it shoots the air across the room

im a licensed hvac techian so you would think i would be kool all day nope im the one installing systems in houses and attics over 140 degrees wearing boots bc of fen osha

Same thing I always do. I’m a firm believer that you have to live your life the same way regardless of the weather. That way, it never really seems to bother me. When it’s hot, I get hot. When it’s cold, I get cold. When it rains, I get wet. It is what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

I like to get sweaty though. I like to get real sweaty while I’m lifting. I like to get super sweaty during sex. One thing I don’t like is touching sweaty people that I’m not having sex with.

Just one point though: the media really seems to play up the heat nowadays. We’ve had much hotter summers in the past. Suddenly, we hit the mid-90s and all hell is expected to break loose. Media morons.

DB

Heh. I work outside all day at a conservation area - it was hot as hell out there today, 50 celcius with the humidity :confused:

on another note, my tan rules and I get to drool at all my co-workers while they peel off layers of clothing as it gets hotter and hotter : D

no a/c at my house, which really bites - even with two fans pointed directly at me, my ass still sweats.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
Same thing I always do. I’m a firm believer that you have to live your life the same way regardless of the weather. That way, it never really seems to bother me. When it’s hot, I get hot. When it’s cold, I get cold. When it rains, I get wet. It is what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

I like to get sweaty though. I like to get real sweaty while I’m lifting. I like to get super sweaty during sex. One thing I don’t like is touching sweaty people that I’m not having sex with.

Just one point though: the media really seems to play up the heat nowadays. We’ve had much hotter summers in the past. Suddenly, we hit the mid-90s and all hell is expected to break loose. Media morons.

DB[/quote]

So you wear the same type of clothes, durring the summer as you do in the winter?

Do you wear a coat in the summer or shorts in the winter?

I’m a pussy when it comes to very cold weather. And to think I used to jump in a lake durring wrestling season back in high school.

It has been hot as hell here but we have gotten so much rain that my grass is still growing like crazy. I am not looking forwrd to cutting it.

What heat wave?

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:

DB[/quote]

That is damn true. It’s not gonna hurt anyone except the elderly maybe. Just stay hydrated.

I’m an ocean lifeguard, and I sure as fuck am happy I have something to get me out of work during the worst parts of the heat wave.

Funny thing about NH weather though, is that it’s so erratic. We had 2-3 minor heat waves, always followed by really shitty weather. It’s never stable.

Here it’s 110+ for almost 6 months a year! Humidity, yup we’ve got that too. It’s really only decent here for about 3 months.

Listening to the news about “scorchers” in the 90s and people are dropping like flys. Pitiful.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
What am I doing? I turn the A/C down to 60 degrees. I have foiled over all the windows - I know it looks like trailer trash, but it’s 1-fucking-17 outside. And I sit naked in my bean bag chair eating cheet-o’s. [/quote]

DUDE! Come on! I’m trying to eat!

The heat is pissing me off, but I am doing okay, I’m taking it out on Danny in the politics forum.

Thank you guys.

It is currently 1 degree celcius here after hitting a low of about -4 celcius last night but this thread has made me feel nice and warm.