T Nation

Heard of Adderall Xr?

Ok i know its not an anabolic but it is something i’d live to get my hands on. I was wondering do any of you guys know what it is called in the uk? My friend is a pharmacist and he’s never heard of it.

youre on a website full of health and fitness freaks asking about amphetamines? seriously?

do a google search for spect scans of brains on amphetamines…this may change your desire to obtain them. the things “modern medicine” has done to “fix us” borders on criminal. this is NOT something you want to do

adderall is simply a blend of amphetamine salts…hes heard of that

Good point, i’ve read that but what drew me to it was seeing it on bigger stronger faster and i have a dissertation to do in the new year! But yeah probably not a good idea…

[quote]G.I. Joe Galway wrote:
Good point, i’ve read that but what drew me to it was seeing it on bigger stronger faster and i have a dissertation to do in the new year! But yeah probably not a good idea…[/quote]

talk to BBB about non-amphetamine related mental aids…he can probably help you…i am very against screwing with nuerotransmitters and adhd meds are some of the worst…i have years of reasons why , currently trying to put that all together in article form

[quote]morepain wrote:

[quote]G.I. Joe Galway wrote:
Good point, i’ve read that but what drew me to it was seeing it on bigger stronger faster and i have a dissertation to do in the new year! But yeah probably not a good idea…[/quote]

talk to BBB about non-amphetamine related mental aids…he can probably help you…i am very against screwing with nuerotransmitters and adhd meds are some of the worst…i have years of reasons why , currently trying to put that all together in article form[/quote]
Let me know when it’s done…

What would be your purpose for taking them???

[quote]bilj wrote:

[quote]morepain wrote:

[quote]G.I. Joe Galway wrote:
Good point, i’ve read that but what drew me to it was seeing it on bigger stronger faster and i have a dissertation to do in the new year! But yeah probably not a good idea…[/quote]

talk to BBB about non-amphetamine related mental aids…he can probably help you…i am very against screwing with nuerotransmitters and adhd meds are some of the worst…i have years of reasons why , currently trying to put that all together in article form[/quote]
Let me know when it’s done…[/quote]

my story will be about my persopnal journey through a nightmare of psychiatric meds…and subsequent med free recovery. However i STRONGLY suggest you read teh book The Ultramind Solution by Dr. Mark Hyman…if you are on any of these type of meds it is probably the single most important book you will ever read.

I was just prescribed Vyvanse for Adult Attention Deficit Disorder. It’s very similar to Add XR - made by the same company. It’s a slow release amphetamine. What questions do you have?

It’s difficult to believe your friend has not heard of it. Maybe it’s called something else. It’s a product predominantly used for kids with Attention Deficit Disorder. Addictive and highly controlled.

[quote]spinsykel wrote:
youre on a website full of health and fitness freaks asking about amphetamines? seriously?[/quote]

And most “health and fitness freaks” might frown on AAS abuse as well.

[quote]triathloncoach wrote:
I was just prescribed Vyvanse for Adult Attention Deficit Disorder. It’s very similar to Add XR - made by the same company. It’s a slow release amphetamine. What questions do you have?

It’s difficult to believe your friend has not heard of it. Maybe it’s called something else. It’s a product predominantly used for kids with Attention Deficit Disorder. Addictive and highly controlled.

[quote]spinsykel wrote:
youre on a website full of health and fitness freaks asking about amphetamines? seriously?[/quote]

And most “health and fitness freaks” might frown on AAS abuse as well. [/quote]

Abuse of any drug is generally frowned upon. What are you really trying to say?

[quote]triathloncoach wrote:
I was just prescribed Vyvanse for Adult Attention Deficit Disorder. It’s very similar to Add XR - made by the same company. It’s a slow release amphetamine. What questions do you have?

It’s difficult to believe your friend has not heard of it. Maybe it’s called something else. It’s a product predominantly used for kids with Attention Deficit Disorder. Addictive and highly controlled.

[quote]spinsykel wrote:
youre on a website full of health and fitness freaks asking about amphetamines? seriously?[/quote]

And most “health and fitness freaks” might frown on AAS abuse as well. [/quote]

adult ADD remarkably became MUCH more prevalent as soon as Vyvanse was patented and released. DO yourself a HUGE favor and seeek out a competent functional medicine practitioner and get some extensive labwork done…i GUARANTEE this med will cause you much more harm than good. There are underlying causes for your problem that traditional doctors don;t care to look for…especially when they are getting huge perks from writing scripts for new drugs that are still on patent…as you know Vyvanse is a pricey one and the drug reps are pushing the crap out of it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]morepain wrote:

[quote]triathloncoach wrote:
I was just prescribed Vyvanse for Adult Attention Deficit Disorder. It’s very similar to Add XR - made by the same company. It’s a slow release amphetamine. What questions do you have?

It’s difficult to believe your friend has not heard of it. Maybe it’s called something else. It’s a product predominantly used for kids with Attention Deficit Disorder. Addictive and highly controlled.

[quote]spinsykel wrote:
youre on a website full of health and fitness freaks asking about amphetamines? seriously?[/quote]

And most “health and fitness freaks” might frown on AAS abuse as well. [/quote]

adult ADD remarkably became MUCH more prevalent as soon as Vyvanse was patented and released. DO yourself a HUGE favor and seeek out a competent functional medicine practitioner and get some extensive labwork done…i GUARANTEE this med will cause you much more harm than good. There are underlying causes for your problem that traditional doctors don;t care to look for…especially when they are getting huge perks from writing scripts for new drugs that are still on patent…as you know Vyvanse is a pricey one and the drug reps are pushing the crap out of it.
[/quote]

I agree with you. I believe we’ve had the similar disfortune of being fed bullshit and unfortunately swallowing it for a period of time.

all you have to do is look up the stats…adult ADD was pretty much unheard of until Vyvanse…now EVERYONE HAS IT. It is being prescribed thousands of times every day for adults who have seemingly spontaneously become ADD. its a load of crap is what it is. the medical profession has no desire to CURE anything…there is no money in curing…the huge money is in continuous “treatment”

I wonder how far college graduation rates would fall if ADD medication was taken away? :slight_smile:

Ha ha, I agree. I have a prescription for the stuff and I can’t tell you how many texts I get each week from people trying to get them.

[quote]triathloncoach wrote:
I was just prescribed Vyvanse for Adult Attention Deficit Disorder. It’s very similar to Add XR - made by the same company. It’s a slow release amphetamine. What questions do you have?

It’s difficult to believe your friend has not heard of it. Maybe it’s called something else. It’s a product predominantly used for kids with Attention Deficit Disorder. Addictive and highly controlled.

[quote]spinsykel wrote:
youre on a website full of health and fitness freaks asking about amphetamines? seriously?[/quote]

And most “health and fitness freaks” might frown on AAS abuse as well. [/quote]

Im interested as to why so many of you are against the use of adderall, if someone could quickly go into a quick explanation about why they are so bad that would be great. Im just curious because i take it to study for tests (im a senior in college). The only thing i could see as to why it would be bad for people to take is because it suppresses hunger, but when I take it i still get very hungry and make sure to eat my meals. What other reasons are there for amphetamines to be so bad?

I believe that the pharmaceutical companies and lazy medical professionals are responsible for pathologising a range of behaviours which any human population would posess “in nature”. Personally, i find this trend distasteful and strongly believe that cognitive behaviour thereapies and other forms of counselling are the most effective in redenring functioning adults.

However, i have a soft spot for stimulants and wouldn’t think twice about using them “recreationally” or to give me an edge, like steroids - which can also be deleterious and questionable in terms of health benefits, especially to those with sensitive endocrine systems. So just another self-assessed risk as far as I’m concerned.

GI-Joe - IMO, UK psycho-health fraternity is ignorant and paranoid about drugs and their uses. Adderall is extremely difficult to get hold of (read impossible). The drug is a mixture of dextroamphetamine and amphetamine. There is another drug, Dexedrine, which is dextroamphetamine - also nigh on impossible to get hold of in the UK. It might be easier to get hold of the older drug Ritalin, which is methylphenidate - a chemical similar in composition to amphetamine but with more cocaine like effects - i think its sold as Concerta in the UK.

Still, with the abuse potential of stimulants, it wont be easy to find.
Look into taking Selegeline and Pramipexole (sp) - definitly have positive mood effects for me in libido, eneryg, drive, passion, concentration etc…

Or Modafinil, which also has dopaminergic/norepinephrine effects and is easy to get hold of.

safe

[quote]jck524 wrote:
Im interested as to why so many of you are against the use of adderall, if someone could quickly go into a quick explanation about why they are so bad that would be great. Im just curious because i take it to study for tests (im a senior in college). The only thing i could see as to why it would be bad for people to take is because it suppresses hunger, but when I take it i still get very hungry and make sure to eat my meals. What other reasons are there for amphetamines to be so bad?[/quote]

yes, please do enlighten us steroid users…