Healthy Longevity Supps?

Just wanted to get some thoughts on Rez-V, Rhodiola, and Curcumin from people that are currently using them. I have read the attached articles for each product in the TStore, but I wanted to get some more recent reviews. I am basically looking to add some supplements purely for health benefits.

I am looking at Rez-V more for the antioxidants and longevity benefits, and don’t really need any help with my T levels or suppressing estrogen, so would it be a bad choice?

Also, Curcumin used to have decent reviews, but both the reviews and related literature have been removed which concerned me slightly. Are people still using it?

Recent thoughts on Curcumin would also be much appreciated, is it necessary or a waste of money?

I am currently only supplementing with a multi, vit D, calcium, fish oil, Family Guy, and The Office. The last two haven’t been tested in a scientific setting yet.

I really love curcumin, I bought a few bottles after injuring my shoulder and it really helped with inflammation. Now that I’m mostly healed up I don’t “feel” the effects but, I still plan on using it regularly.

I like Rhodiala as well, I use it whenever I feel like I’m getting sick.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
I really love curcumin, I bought a few bottles after injuring my shoulder and it really helped with inflammation. Now that I’m mostly healed up I don’t “feel” the effects but, I still plan on using it regularly.

I like Rhodiala as well, I use it whenever I feel like I’m getting sick.[/quote]

Do you think Curcumin is necessary even while using fish oil?

Any thoughts on Rez-V?

I think Curcumin was beneficial this summer for helping some aching pains such as low back and turf toe. It certainly did not completely eliminate them, but it did provide some short term relief. The purported health benefits are not bad either. I was also talking four caps of Flameout daily as well during this time. I have never experiemented with higher doses of curcumin. The most I have taken was four caps a day split into two doses.

I have only used Rhodiola for one three week period and I had started Vit. D supplementation as well so it is hard to know the exact efficacy of the product. I just got some today try again during finals week, so we’ll see.

Can’t say anything about Rez-V.

What about Superfood? I’ve never taken Rhodiolia Rosea, Rez-V, or Curcumin 500 but I really like Superfood. I also believe anything that helps you rest better will lead to better health as well, so I’d recommend Z-12 and/or ZMA if you’re not already taking them.

[quote]pzehtoeur wrote:
What about Superfood? I’ve never taken Rhodiolia Rosea, Rez-V, or Curcumin 500 but I really like Superfood. I also believe anything that helps you rest better will lead to better health as well, so I’d recommend Z-12 and/or ZMA if you’re not already taking them. [/quote]

Yea I do use Superfood, thanks for throwing that out there. I am really interested in Rez-V so I was trying to get some info on that.

Luckily good sleep isn’t hard for me to get, sometimes I take melatonin, but most nights I get great quality sleep.

Mushrooms mushrooms mushrooms. They are immunomodulators. They work on several aspects of the immune response to boost your body’s ability to fight invasion/infection. It can also dramatically soothe allergic response. I think we discussed medicinal mushrooms a while back. Since then I researched the hell out of them. Everything points to defninite health improvement from them. THE very best source is Mushroom Harvest. Super good value and super high quality, grown here in the USA. Great interview here:

part 1 - The world's top new source on natural health - NaturalNews.com
part 2 - The world's top new source on natural health - NaturalNews.com

You can get a whole pound of powder for like $30-35 which lasts 3 months if you take a whopping 5 grams per day. Super cheap. It won’t have significant performance improvement but it will keep your immune system functioning well.

For stricly health purposes, Rez-v is great. Full dose is a little overkill for stricly health purposes, as the dose is intended as an anti-E. 1 cap would be a good addition if you’re not interested in it’s use as an anti E.

I’ve always like curcumin for anti-inflamatory conditions (with GLA and Fish Oil).

If you have the cash, Id get a bottle of Z12 just to try it out. You will almost cetainly feel the results. I almost always get great sleep to, but there are times when this does wonders despite thinking I would have otherwise gotten great sleep. I’ve messed around with taking it just on days with hard workouts (2X per week or so) and have gotten good results with this. I’m going to begin stacking it with alpha GPC and magnesium for 3 months before I go to bed. I’ll let you know how that goes, or I might start a thread on it.

[quote]BulletproofTiger wrote:
Mushrooms mushrooms mushrooms. They are immunomodulators. They work on several aspects of the immune response to boost your body’s ability to fight invasion/infection. It can also dramatically soothe allergic response. I think we discussed medicinal mushrooms a while back. Since then I researched the hell out of them. Everything points to defninite health improvement from them. THE very best source is Mushroom Harvest. Super good value and super high quality, grown here in the USA. Great interview here:

part 1 - The world's top new source on natural health - NaturalNews.com
part 2 - The world's top new source on natural health - NaturalNews.com

You can get a whole pound of powder for like $30-35 which lasts 3 months if you take a whopping 5 grams per day. Super cheap. It won’t have significant performance improvement but it will keep your immune system functioning well.

For stricly health purposes, Rez-v is great. Full dose is a little overkill for stricly health purposes, as the dose is intended as an anti-E. 1 cap would be a good addition if you’re not interested in it’s use as an anti E.

I’ve always like curcumin for anti-inflamatory conditions (with GLA and Fish Oil).

If you have the cash, Id get a bottle of Z12 just to try it out. You will almost cetainly feel the results. I almost always get great sleep to, but there are times when this does wonders despite thinking I would have otherwise gotten great sleep. I’ve messed around with taking it just on days with hard workouts (2X per week or so) and have gotten good results with this. I’m going to begin stacking it with alpha GPC and magnesium for 3 months before I go to bed. I’ll let you know how that goes, or I might start a thread on it.[/quote]

Awesome advice, thanks for taking the time to write that down for me. I really appreciate it. I think I’m going to test drive some Rez-V as well as trying to get some more mushrooms in my diet! Might eventually check out the powder, have you used it?

I PMed you. Yeah I’ve used it. I think regular old mushrooms in the grocery store are not the same thing, although they are undoubtedly very healthy for you. A serving of the powder is like $0.39 (for 5 grams). A pack of mushrooms (while they don’t necessarily have nearly the same beta-glucan and other substance content, are like $1 per serving.

For strictly health purposes, medical mushrooms are even cheaper than rezveratrol (because Rez-V is $0.45 per cap) if you go with my suggestions, although I would take both if you can afford it because they are not the same mechanism of action, but I would not recommend one over the other because they are both backed by good science.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

I like Rhodiala as well, I use it whenever I feel like I’m getting sick.[/quote]

Do you think Curcumin is necessary even while using fish oil?

Any thoughts on Rez-V?[/quote]

It’s a very subtle effect so I’m not really sure. Though I’ve been using fish oil for 2 years or so now and I didn’t notice the difference until I used Curcumin if that helps.

I haven’t used Rez-V, though I’m sure one day I’ll give it a shot to see if it makes a difference.

Rhodiola’s best use for me is to take a few caps on days when I dont get much sleep or am really stressed with school/work. Gives me a little energy boost and added motivation to train.

When I took it regularly I didnt like it as much.