T Nation

Healthy Forms of Flavor for your Meal?

Hey new here and I was just wondering what people would suggest for some good flavoring to any meal…

I’ve been mostly eating lots of chicken/tuna/steamed veggies/egg whites and I don’t really ‘like’ any of it. I obviously eat it because it’s what I feel I need to be eating. I’m the type of person that can put ‘Garlic salt’, regular salt, or hotsauce on just about anything and enjoy it - Are there any really healthy flavoring methods out there that you guys use? I was thinking of something like fresh cut salsa? Any other good recommendations?

Thanks

bacon grease

Pickled Vegetables

Mrs. Dash

I use:

Salsas
Pico de gallo
Guacamole
Unsweetened ketchup
Mustard’s (german, dijon, honey, yellow)
Mrs. dash
Curry/Indian seasonings

-You might want to keep an eye on sodium though, as most of these, and condiments/flavor additives in general are fairly high in sodium.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
bacon grease[/quote]
x2
Nothing is better than (insert any food here) cooked/fried in bacon grease.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
-You might want to keep an eye on sodium though, as most of these, and condiments/flavor additives in general are fairly high in sodium.[/quote]

Unless one has HBP or another medical condition that causes them to be sensitive to sodium intake, this isn’t something they generally need to worry about.

I sweat like a motherfucker at a MILF convention, so I take all the sodium I can get.

I like locally produced cajun spice

Curcu . . . that yellow shit. It’s in curry and stuff.

Mild hot sauce, Tabasco and Tapatio

Massive amounts of heroin

Smoked paprika is great; I put it in so many dishes. I also use a lot of roasted garlic paste (homemade); rub it on meat before roasting or toss it into a stir-fry. Various mustards can be used similarly.

Ha, bacon grease. I brown all of my roasts in bacon grease before roasting. Yum!

I take it you’re not eating much fat? Drizzling olive oil over steamed veggies with some sea salt and cracked black pepper is quick, easy, and delicious.