Healthy Fats Needed, Suggestions?

Feedback and suggestions are needed.

I am splitting up my meals into P+C meals and P+F meals.

I need the most help on the P+F meals, mainly healthful fats to consume.

I currently blend 4 teaspoons of peanut butter into my 2nd protein shake. This adds 32grams of fat. I occasionally eat peanuts for fat intake as well.

I consume 3 flax oil pills a day(each adding 1 gram of fat.)

I have been trying to use salad dressing on my vegatbles for the polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats.

Finally, I am ordering fish oil capsules.

My questions are:

Would it be ok to have wheat bread with my peanut butter?(this would have carbs + fat) Am I making too big of a deal of taking in carbs and fats at the same time?(I think I am lol)

What are your suggestions for other healthful fats?

If a salad is not available, would it be ok to drink the dressing straight up?(im measurable amounts) Anything else that would be good with it?

Finally, any good ol’ recipes for healthful fats that taste good?

Answering just one question is appreciated :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for your time and have a great New Year!

Fish oil (DHA & EPA) is my favorite supplement. If I could only take one supplement, that would be it. If you have the typical western diet, it is the one thing you’re definitely not getting enough of.

If you’re looking for healthy (food) oils, you can’t go wrong with olive or canola oils. Both high in monounsaturated fats.

You might want to check your PB too. More than likely it contains trans-fats (partial hydrogenated oil).

Oils, nuts, avacado, eggs. olives, lean meats, cheeses, coconut etc etc.

Check out the Fat Roundtable 1 and 2 articles

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:

[/quote]

Haus avacados were on sale this week 2/$1.00 so I bought 120 of em.
Avacados, almonds, flax oil and fish oil are my preferences.

Olive oil has 120g of healthy fat per tablespoon. Make sure it’s extra virgin (bottle…make sure it’s a dark green bottle).

[quote]AlphaDragon wrote:
Olive oil has 120g of healthy fat per tablespoon. Make sure it’s extra virgin (bottle…make sure it’s a dark green bottle).

[/quote]

I’m sure you can pick the respective bread to go with depending on your dietary needs, but here’s food for thought with the extra virgin olive oil (pardon the pun):

[quote]E-man wrote:
Phill wrote:

Haus avacados were on sale this week 2/$1.00 so I bought 120 of em.
Avacados, almonds, flax oil and fish oil are my preferences.
[/quote]
take a half of avacodo put it in your shake good stuff/

pretty impressive how one can get 120g of healthy fat into 14g of fat total. that is a typo or a mistake, the correct figure is 12g.

omega 3:

10-20g of 30% fish oils (3-6g of DHA/EPA, adjust intake if concentration varies, eg. 6-12 caps of 50% or 5-10 of 60%)

2-4 tablespoons of milled flaxseed

1-2 tablespoons of flax oil

omega 6:

get enough from nuts and meats

omega 9:

olive oil, canola oil, macadamia nut oil (also has omega 7), also in nuts and seeds, avocados as mentioned

on top of this if you want to be core, you can add CLA and borage oil (i use the NOW brand), 8 and 10 caps respectively (6g CLA and 2.4g GLA)

saturated fat:

as long as you eat some nuts, meat and eggs you will get plenty, you may have to stick to leaner cuts of meat to keep amount down.

nuts and nut butters:

only plain, unsalted counts, if there are ingredients other than nuts, then it is not food.

[quote]ubl0 wrote:
pretty impressive how one can get 120g of healthy fat into 14g of fat total. that is a typo or a mistake, the correct figure is 12g. >>>[/quote]

He meant 120 calories.

Thanks Tithonus81, I’ll do that :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t see any trans fat on them, one thing I absolutely try not to consume.

Great thread link Phill, glad they are people like you around here helping others with your time.

[quote]Richie_IsAwesome wrote:
Thanks Tithonus81, I’ll do that :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t see any trans fat on them, one thing I absolutely try not to consume.

Great thread link Phill, glad they are people like you around here helping others with your time.

[/quote]

No prob glad it helped

Phill