Healthy Debate

Hey man, i totally agree with you. I’m not planning on staying just a month :wink:

If it’s personal, that’s cool. But politics involving death will become contentious. No way to prevent against disagreement, just like the guy said, a certain corner of the politics forum attack the person, when they can’t attack the issue

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Zap is exactly right.

You can’t have healthy debate when you are dealing with nutjobs that are sucked in by every conspiracy theory that comes down the pipe.

There has been a recent influx of tin-foil hat wearers, know-it-all kids, and islamo-nazi supporters.

Debate with these morons is a waste of time. It is far more enjoyable to take them off message and watch them flounder about like a fish in a boat.

[/quote]
You also can’t have healthy debate when you refuse to consider the possibility that what you believe may be wrong.

Refusing anything that contradicts what you believe implies subconcious doubt on your part and unwavering faith in what you believe in. Don’t stray, stay the course!

You’re too far gone when you close your mind off to every possibility. You’ve gone off the deep end and you’ll never return.

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
I’ve only been here a few days and I’ve noticed that Zap and Bigflamer are ignorant cunts.[/quote]

Awwwwwwwww, did somebody’s inner hulk get stepped on and beat up?

So specifically, for the sake of discusion here, why is it that I’m a “cunt”? I’d really like to know as I always have self improvement at the forefront.

whistling
acting casually
pretending to look around at nothing

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
Mommy!, the big internet meanies aren’t being nice! And thy’re totally not listening to me![/quote]

It’s kind of sad really, such blatant whining.

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:

You’re too far gone when you close your mind off to every possibility. You’ve gone off the deep end and you’ll never return.[/quote]

Completely wrong. If you don’t close your mind off to some possibilities - i.e., the implausible range of options - you’ve simply abdicated the responsibility to think.

That is the problem with the conspiracy kooks - you reach beyond the plausible when it is against common sense to do so. The level of competence and efficiency and crackerjack timing required to pull off these overarching conspiracies is simply too much to believe on its face.

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
You also can’t have healthy debate when you refuse to consider the possibility that what you believe may be wrong.[/quote]

Considering the possibility that one may be wrong is not debate. You do know what debate means right? It’s one side of an issue arguing against the other side.

besides - I haven’t seen you consider any possiblity that you may be wrong either. Are you willing to admit to your own dogmaticism here?

Are you talking about yourself here, or are you casting stones from a glass house?

Just for shits and giggles - I discount the opinions of proven idiots. Re-read my post. See if I have even hinted at not considering new ideas.

You are a hypocrite. You are the definition of closing your mind off. My wish is that you and the rest of the Johnny-come-lately’s would indeed go off the deep end and never return.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

(text)[/quote]

RJ,

Another thing I noticed - it seems like the conspiracy-mongers, among all the other posters of all differing points of view, are the worst debaters here.

They don’t write much - they usually just link to websites and express their unquestioned fidelity to some obscure Internet troglodyte posting thoughts and pictures. They don’t engage much - whenever pressed on a question, the reflexive answer - if you can call it that - is “you’re just a drone that doesn’t think for himself”.

For such outstanding independent thinkers, you’d think they could write something worth reading. Instead, we get nothing but a continual shower of unsupported hysteria, delivered in lemming-like fashion with all the brainpower of a freshman in high school angry at his parents. They chastise anyone who disagrees with them as Kool-Aid drinkers, but can’t do any better than regurgitating somebody else’s work or posting photo-shopped pictures in lieu of arguments.

It’s either irony or hypocrisy - and either way it is pathetic.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
For such outstanding independent thinkers, you’d think they could write something worth reading. Instead, we get nothing but a continual shower of unsupported hysteria, delivered in lemming-like fashion with all the brainpower of a freshman in high school angry at his parents. They chastise anyone who disagrees with them as Kool-Aid drinkers, but can’t do any better than regurgitating somebody else’s work or posting photo-shopped pictures in lieu of arguments.
[/quote]

Exactly - and if you can tell me how one engages these people in “healthy debate”, You win the gold star for today.

It’s almost as if JTF has went on a recruiting trip, and the best he could come up with is the Barney Fan Club of “free thinkers”.

I just want to pop in here for a second and say that for anyone who has ever disagreed with me in the Poli forums, if I have written something that offended you and I came off as an insensitive asshole: suck it.

I do not apologize for my actions, because you are retarded. By definition, anyone who disagrees with me is either retarded, a vegetarian, or a pussy.

There, now that’s a good starting point for some healthy debate.

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
If I knew some here in the politics forum were that Hypersensitive, I would have kept my big mouth shut. Just kidding.

I love your post, Z-Man, terrific sentiment! And I too apologize if I had hurt anyone’s personal feelings, that was not my intent but may have been perceived that way.

Carry on.[/quote]

Oh no, Chinadoll. You could never hurt my feelings.

And even if you did, I’d be ever so gratefull.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
rainjack wrote:

(text)

RJ,

Another thing I noticed - it seems like the conspiracy-mongers, among all the other posters of all differing points of view, are the worst debaters here.

They don’t write much - they usually just link to websites and express their unquestioned fidelity to some obscure Internet troglodyte posting thoughts and pictures. They don’t engage much - whenever pressed on a question, the reflexive answer - if you can call it that - is “you’re just a drone that doesn’t think for himself”.

It’s either irony or hypocrisy - and either way it is pathetic.[/quote]

Hey thunderbolt, why don’t you go check if someone added smoke to one picture or another.

You sure bought those wmd lies hook, line and sinker.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:

Hey thunderbolt, why don’t you go check if someone added smoke to one picture or another.

You sure bought those wmd lies hook, line and sinker.[/quote]

Wreckless - never anything more than a harmless gadfly. Nice try.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
chinadoll wrote:
If I knew some here in the politics forum were that Hypersensitive, I would have kept my big mouth shut. Just kidding.

I love your post, Z-Man, terrific sentiment! And I too apologize if I had hurt anyone’s personal feelings, that was not my intent but may have been perceived that way.

Carry on.

Oh no, Chinadoll. You could never hurt my feelings.

And even if you did, I’d be ever so gratefull.[/quote]

:slight_smile: