Healthy and Strong as Steel Tendons

Soo…

Noticed there’s nothing clear on how to keep your tendons (and conjunctive tissue) healthy and strong.

Let’s make a thread that’ll teach the whole Nation how to keep their tendons strong(er) and (more) crackless as 110000 psi steel!
<EDIT: it seems tendons are actually stronger…>

I’ll begin:
My almost nonexistent knowledge on the subject:
#1 conjunctive tissue has very low blood supply

#2 it needs high reps to get strong and stay healthy (what’s high? 20 @ ~20RM, 50 @ 80 RM?)
(kinda screwed…this means some guy who does sets of 100 push-ups a day but can hardly bench BW will have stronger shoulder tendons than a guy benching 3 x BW; or someone curling 100 x 20 lbs > someone curling 5 x 70 lbs)

#3 very high loads for small ROM are good for it (goes against #2) - lock-outs, partials etc.

#4 supplemental vitamin C is a must

#5 read that lactic acid is good for the conjunctive tissue (“acts as regular maintenance”) - probably goes with #2

#6 light and very slow eccentrics are good for tendinosis

Where do you get your supply of GHRP6 from?

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Direct from the manufacturer, but you guys can get it domestic US/Canada I believe.

BBB[/quote]

I suppose it is expensive, but, it can be found where? (the manufacturer?)

It is cheap as hell from the manufacturer and even from a middle man it’s FAR more reasonable than GH.

And I’m not giving up my manufacturer, sorry. You’ll have to use google and perhaps if you find something I might be able to ‘confirm or deny’

BBB[/quote]

Melantonan?

[quote]Mateus wrote:

It is cheap as hell from the manufacturer and even from a middle man it’s FAR more reasonable than GH.

And I’m not giving up my manufacturer, sorry. You’ll have to use google and perhaps if you find something I might be able to ‘confirm or deny’

BBB[/quote]

Melantonan?[/quote]

Sorry what? That word looks like a cross between melanotan and melatonin :wink:

BBB[/quote]

GM2 Labs. The above was a little bit of a joke…and I indeed spelled it wrong. Melanotan is correct.

:wink:

Well this thread went nowhere fast :stuck_out_tongue:

But I’ll defineately be checking out that GHRP6 stuff.

[quote]Otto the Ecto wrote:
Well this thread went nowhere fast :stuck_out_tongue:

But I’ll defineately be checking out that GHRP6 stuff.[/quote]

Wouldn’t do it unless you are on a bulking phase…

So bbb would i be able to privately talk to you about this if it’s not too big of a deal? Seeing as you are a busy man… but I have some questions regarding the use.

Revenons a nos moutons…
(getting back to our sheep)
…how to strengthen the tendons…

Wouldn’t a very intense (high weights/low reps) training program, w/o added high rep training etc. be bad for the conjunctive tissue, even with the extra supps? (and as such warrant more measures)

(since with the advent of low rep training: Thibaudeau, Waterbury, Tsatsouline, Rippetoe etc. doing high reps is no longer “common (sense)”, a discussion is warranted)
(due thanks to BBB for the input; I’m taking a wild guess that that GHRP-6 would be(chondroitin+glucosamin)^n , n high, and it’s not something I would’ve come across all that easily)

From my experience, I am more in favor of a controlled and structured eccentric focused protocol to help strengthen tendons and other conjunctive tissue (in addition to proper friction/soft tissue work, supplementation, etc) rather than a high rep training protocol. You just have to be careful with this type of training as it causes significant muscle damage as well and can impede other results/goals.

That would be fine but my PMs are turned off, sorry.

BBB[/quote]

would I be able to send you an e-mail? just a few very short specific questions.